Tuesday, June 4, 2013

a weekend recap

Its getting HOT here. I know, I know, Its a dry heat. But hot is hot. Suppose to be 108 this weekend....and for my child who hates the heat and literally screams as shes getting into the hot car (that has already been cooled off) its pretty great living in the desert. I cant explain to a 3 year old that its just going to get worse and that we live in the desert. Not quite sure how we'll get through this. We did what we could this weekend, we went to the pool to cool off. 2 hours outside will literally wear you out. I have no idea how Jeremy does it all day, and he starts his days at 3:30 am. Im sure he cant wait for my mom to get here so he can nap when he gets home (14 days but who is counting?!?!?)
Lets see, Friday night we just stayed in and relaxed. Since we had just gotten back from California on Wednesday it didnt really feel like the weekend. I had put dinner in the crockpot and Im glad I did because right in the middle of dinner our power went out. We were surprised since there are never any storms here so it couldnt be that. Maybe a transformer blew from the heat. We were glad it came back on an hour later...but I wouldnt have minded a night in a hotel with a pool for the kids!
Saturday we got ready to head to the pool, I was most excited. I could literally sit in a pool for hours or lay out. Just something I love. A little harder with kids to chase around but it felt great! We grabbed a bite to eat that night and went to bed early, we really were worn out from the sun!

Sunday we grabbed some breakfast. There is a cute little place by us called The Cracked Egg. Even though Im not a huge fan of breakfast food, I love having breakfast out. The kids were good and actually ate! We got ready for the pool again and spent a couple hours there. Came home and rested, made some dinner and did our Sunday night Fro Yo trip!


Monday we tried storytime at the library again- I think its a fun time but Hannah isnt too impressed. This time was definitely better than the first- I think there was only one meltdown. We stayed awhile after and played with the puzzles in the Kids Corner then checked out a whole bunch of books! Maybe the third time will be a charm! She starts summer camp on Monday- which I know she will have a blast!

Today we went to the park early. It was 90 degrees at 9:30 am! Owen is in a hard stage because he isnt walking but doesnt want to sit in a swing or stroller so he climbs all over the dirty playsets. A little dirt never hurt anyone, right?

As you all know- this guy has not been my sleeper. We had a 2 month stretch where he slept great through the night and then he got the sniffles at 4 months old and its been downhill from there! We've had a few random nights where he has slept all night but never alone in his room. Until just recently he has always been in our bed. So we finally started the cry it out method and put him down in his crib but when he would wake we would run in there and get him because we knew Hannah would wake up next. Well, long story short, while we were in California we had him in a pack n play and he took a RECORD 3 hour nap. I thought- maybe he really likes it in there. No clue how its any different than his crib but who knows. He still woke up in the night while we were there but for some reason I thought we'd put his pack n play up in his room and see how he does. We are on like 5 nights in a row of him sleeping through the night!! The first 3 nights he didnt even wake up. It was a miracle! :) Last night he cried out 3 separate times and I just knew he could work through it and go back to sleep. Since I know he can do it! So he did, he finally fell back asleep. I guess Hannah was tired too because it didnt wake her either. I figured Id end up in bed with one of them! Hananh for the record- you are a WILD sleeper. Its almost painful to sleep with her. Ha ha! Cross your fingers this works from here on out!
He is also going from sitting to standing on his own without holding onto anything- so hopefully he is close to walking!

 Pool day!

 Waterpark we will be going to- it was great for the kids!

 this boy gets into EVERYTHING. Such a difference Ive noticed between boys and girls. Lets hope he doesnt have the drama girls do!
 Um...dont you just want to kiss on those juicy thighs!


 Playing "store" at the park. She charged me $20 for coffee! :)


 We have lots of dance parties- one of her new moves- The Robot
 Painting in our underwear- a normal Monday, right?
 And her new favorite thing- stretching and exercising. She LOVES jumping jacks. Its a good way to wear her out!


And we've been building lots of forts! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The 8 month old that I nanny for sleeps so much better in the pack and play than her crib too! I saw that it was supposed to be almost 110 there on the news the other day and thought of you all - looks like you're having lots of fun despite the heat! Can't wait to see you guys at the beach!!