Wednesday, June 12, 2013

oh southwest, you're so sneaky.

so we literally purchased 10 plane tickets yesterday. We got an email about their 72 hour sale and I was all over it. I know the dates we are wanting to head home so I felt like a crazy person stalking their website for the best deals. I was finding flights for $129 one way- that is unheard of! Thankfully my dates can be pretty flexible but I am always trying to find a way to make sure I have someone to fly with. Im no supermom- Im pretty sure Id be the lady on the airplane crying because one child wont use the airplane bathroom, southwest wont have the right snacks, and the other child will want to crawl or hopefully walk up and down the aisles. I pray for sleep :) Its inevitable that I will have to do some of these flights alone. The flights from LV to Louisville wont be as bad- they are 3.5 hours nonstop. The flight home is almost 4.5 hours. Those are the flights I dont want to do alone but if the kids could at least sleep for an hour or two I think I can do it. Anyways....we are heading to Louisville in October for a wedding I am in and luckily it is my moms fall break so she gets to fly back with us. I found those flights for $140!!! Seriously- that is a steal. So I booked my flight with my rapid rewards number and got the $140 price. Logged in as Hannah so she gets the credits for her Rapid Rewards number and the price had ALREADY gone up. Literally, seconds. From $140 to $225. So I call, thinking they will give me the same rate. Of course not. Little did I know I should have bought two tickets and put her rapid rewards number under mine. Didnt know that!

 Here's the thing for anyone who is looking at plane tickets and waiting for the price to drop- with Southwest she said they have about 20-30 tickets in each price range. Once those sell out, they go up to the next tier. Now, thats not to say they wont run another special but thats the jist of it. So when they are low like that, buy them that second! We found the same priced flight a day earlier so I booked those the right way. 

I also learned the hard way when I saw Jeremys flight to the beach for $184. Seriously, $184 for a flight from Vegas to Charleston, SC. What a deal! He was golfing so I waited til he got home to get his rapid rewards number and it had already gone up to $278. I just knew it would go back down right. NOPE. Bought it last night for $313. Ouch- that one made me a little sick cause I knew it had been $184. I guess its a wash with the flights we are getting for $129 and $140 but now that I know their game, Im not waiting!

I bought tickets for me and the kids to Louisville for Thanksgiving for $129. Thats just a miracle! Now if I can just muster up the courage to bring them back home from Thanksgiving alone- then I can get another $129 flight...I guess I shouldnt wait too long though....

Ill get off my soapbox but they are having a great sale! Ill leave you with a couple of my favorite faces!
 guess who got ahold of my phone!?
 he just steals my heart!
 cause going down would be normal! :)

 the girl loves to run!!



No comments: