Tuesday, June 11, 2013

golf and carpet cleaning

I bet that title really made you want to read this post, right? Well... thats pretty much what our weekend consisted of. Jeremy got out to golf on Saturday and I bought a new carpet cleaner. Dont be jealous of our crazy weekend! :) It was HOT. (Im going to apologize now for always talking about how hot it is for the next 4 months). Jeremy says it doesnt feel that hot, one hundred and NINE is just plain HOT. But we survived. I dont want to take the kids out in it so we really just stayed inside. Which drives me crazy, so thats probably why I was driven to cleaning carpets. ha ha! Owen turned 13 months this weekend, no clue how that happened so fast and is back to waking up almost every hour after 3:30 in the morning. I dont have a solution for this. Other than for him to cry it out. Which I hate hearing him cry but if I put him in bed with me- he just jabbers away and rolls around like its party time. The hardest part is that his crying always wakes Hannah up. So since Jeremy leaves so early I end up in bed with Hannah. I hate that her sleep is disturbed too- she needs her beauty rest! :)
I just dont have an answer. Im hoping once teething subsides then things will get better. I can see his fifth tooth bulging so I know its coming. I can only assume thats what is happening. And maybe when he has any interest in walking one day, that will wear him out. Lazy boy!

Hannah started her Summer Camp program today- she surprised me and didnt even cry! We talked all morning about how she was a big girl, and was going to have so much fun and I would be there to pick her up. She walked right in with her backpack and didnt look back! Im glad she has this time with other kids- she definitely needs it.

A week from tomorrow my mom comes- YAY!!! Jeremy cant wait to sleep again and nap whenever he wants and I cant wait for the company. I hope this week flies by! We have some fun things planned this weekend so Im ready for that too. Of course, its only Monday.  I have a bad habit of pinning kids crafts on Pinterest and only sometimes making them so I went to the store today and bought some things I hope we can do. I want to make the most out of this summer- my first summer off with the kids. What a huge blessing! I hope I can juggle both of them at the pool cause I see lots of pool time in my future! Hannah doesnt swim yet and gets really clingy so Im not sure how I can do both of them but we'll try it once and see how it goes!!

 we let Owen play with dolls while Jeremy was golfing...he knew right what to do with that bottle!
 and we did some of this. Its all fun and games until Owen falls out!
 This is just heaven on a plate. Seriously WORLDS best cinnamon roll. If you are having company or just want a yummy breakfast one morning make these. You can find the recipe HERE

I found the cinnamon rolls in the freezer section at Walmart. Also, use the large box of COOK pudding, not instant. Heaven, I tell ya! My new favorite breakfast is egg whites scrambled on a tortilla with provolone cheese, avocado, green onion, spinach leaves and salsa with some salt and pepper. So worth the work! And Ive also been sneaking in spinach to smoothies for Hannah....but she always wants to push the button so I have to divert her attention when I slip the spinach in. This morning I had her running upstairs for some funny things! She cant tell so thats what matters!

 My big 13 month old!! Not walking yet. Standing alone but no steps yet. Eats everything in sight, and loves to follow his sister around! They are best friends!


 these two are something else! I LOVE watching them interact everyday. Some days Hannah squeezes Owen a little too hard or you'll just catch her walking over and kissing him on the head.
 One night Hannah wasnt listening (well that seems to be every day!) but we put her in her room for time out and you could tell she was upstairs doing something so like 10 minutes later she came down with her boots on and told me she had to go to work. Thats one way to get out of it! Whats really funny is that this girl hates anything tight. Tight shirts, tight shorts and especially tight shoes (if you can only imagine the battle I deal with everyday getting her dressed) well I know these boots were too tight. They are a size smaller than she wears now and from last fall. STUBBORN!
 A HOT morning at the park....we didnt last too long. She had to bring her baby with her!
I will say we do have the best selection of parks around here, that is for sure!

1 comment:

Jeremy Adkins said...

Never again will you let him play with a baby doll. We are trying to toughen him up. You're not making this any easier. Only 13 more years before Varsity football. C'mon.