Monday, April 12, 2010

and here we are...

12 weeks later. I cant believe how incredibly fast this time went. I still remember every detail of January 20th (well-except those blocked out by staidol!) and I have absolutely loved every single minute of the last 12 weeks with Hannah. We have had so many firsts- her first smile, the first time she slept through the night (yay!), her first laugh, our first trip together and now....her first trip to daycare. If you had asked me 12 weeks ago if I thought this would be hard- I probably would have said Im sure it will be. But I really didnt think hard about this whole daycare thing until a couple weeks ago. I have to pay someone else to play with her all day? I know, I know- do I want some cheese with this whine? Im clearly not the first mom to go back to work after 12 weeks of maternity leave but it is so hard to leave your baby with complete strangers!! I am so thankful we have picked such a great place to send her but no one knows your baby like you do. I am such a control freak I want to write a small novel for them about all her quirks and why she does certain things and probably when they can expect "that diaper" but they will begin to learn about Hannah just as we have and they will learn to love her too :) I will just have to tell them- if she rolls over/sits up/walks or talks....I dont want to know about it! I would be heartbroken to miss it. So they can lie all they want :)
Today we did a dry run of daycare- I woke at 5:45 (YIKES!) fed and changed her and was in the shower by 6:20 out the door by 7:10! Pretty good for our first EARLY morning! Hopefully once we get into a routine we can both sleep a little longer! I did the dry run to see how long it would take me in traffic and what the morning drop off routine was like. It ran pretty smooth! I headed to the grocery store, ran some errands, got a pedicure and couldnt wait to go back and get her! It was easier today knowing I could go back at any time. Tomorrow is another story. Im sure I will call several times! When I picked her up she was doing great. It definitely helped with my anxiety. I know she will be well taken care of- Im just gonna miss this girl!
Wish me luck tomorrow- I know the anxiety is much worse than it will be. Ill get back into the swing of things and pick up right where I left off. Working for the weekends takes on a whole new meaning!!
Really- how can you leave her??

1 comment:

Bethan Flynn said...

I cant believe 12 weeks has come and gone!! You have put a lot of thought into where you are sending Hannah and she will be great, but I couldnt agree more than making them lie to you if a first happens!! I need to remember to tell our daycare the same thing!! Call or email me anytime tomorrow!!!

PS - Every stinking picture you post gets cuter!!!