Sunday, April 25, 2010

pictures

I absolutely LOVE pictures. We have so many pictures in our house- we need a bigger house. To me- pictures tell a story. They capture moments you wont forget but they let others see those moments as well. When I go into peoples houses and only a few pictures are up-I wonder where they display their favorite moments. For me- they are all over our walls, in photo albums, and covering our fridge. I have always been someone who loves pictures. I have boxes and boxes of pictures under beds and in closets. Life goes by too fast and pictures are the best way to keep those moments forever. When we were planning our wedding I knew we were going to devote a big portion of the budget to a photographer. After the day is over....pictures are all you have. Luckily we had the BEST photographer so we have SO many amazing pictures. Jeremy and I will always remember that day, but he was able to catch so many moments we didnt see. I would LOVE to be able to take amazing pictures. Its one thing I wish I could do. I have a brand new camera- a pretty good one...but the person behind the camera has to have a little knowledge of what they are doing...Im trying though!

We had Hannahs 3 month pictures taken yesterday and I know they are going to be so adorable! The pictures were at 2:30 and she was awake all morning...I knew that might not be good. Usually she takes a good little nap but not that day. She was happy and playing all day....then 2:30 came- and she was ready for a nap. So lets just say she wasnt in the mood for pictures. She was a little fussy and did not want us putting big headbands and outfits on her! She might not have been all smiles but at least she had her eyes open! So maybe by her 6 month pictures she will have her eyes open and she will be smiling!!

Our photographer was so patient with us....Im sure shooting babies isnt the easiest job. But I envy her- think of what a GIFT it is to be able to take the most beautiful pictures of your own children. Maybe I should sign up for a class or take some photography lessons. I do know one thing- I have a pretty adorable subject- so even if they arent perfect...we will always have those pictures. 3 months have passed so quickly I am SO thankful I have all the pictures that I do...because we cant get those moments back.


Here's my little chick! (we tried to have our own photo shoot!)

She must have been redeeming herself with all these smiles!

No comments: