Tuesday, April 13, 2010

we made it!

and by we...I of course mean I made it! Hannah probably didnt notice that today was my first day back to reality! We had another smooth morning- smooth enough that I was able to stop by Starbucks before work! I did so great...believe it or not...I didnt cry!! I started to feel like a bad mom when everyone at work was like- "you didnt cry? I balled like a baby"...but to me- it just means that motherhood has made me stronger than I thought I was. I never thought I could make it through 33 hours of labor- check, watching my daughter get shots- check, dropping her off and leaving her for 9 hours in the hands of strangers- check. I realize those things are just the beginning of hard things moms have to go through but I dont give myself enough credit. At one point I did have a moment of panic like, "what if someone drops her? what if they dont give her enough attention? what if she's hungry? and many more "what ifs" but I realized, they do it everyday. I do have complete faith in them and know she is already loved and taken care of! So back to drop off...I talked to the ladies in her room, I kissed her several times :) and laid her in her little bed and went on my way! I stopped by Starbucks for a dark cherry mocha (my new favorite treat!) and headed to work! I was even 10 minutes early!!! I think we are sleeping in tomorrow...we will get up at 6 instead of 5:45! When I got to work I was completely ready to face the day. I am ready to get back into the swing of things and meet with clients about what has gone on for the last 3 months. When I got up to my desk- expecting voicemails and emails- there were all my wonderful co-workers...with Panera breakfast, juice, fruit and TONS...I mean TONS of pictures all over my cubicle of my beautiful daughter. It was the BEST thing to come back to! My mom had a little part in it...she dropped off about 25 pictures that they put up all over my desk! As well as a beautiful bouquet of flowers! We laughed and shared "mom" stories and talked about what I had missed the last 3 months. We picked up where we left off! I couldnt help but turn around every few minutes and smile at my girls face! Today there was a 6 hour continuing education class for my life and health license (I needed the hours desperately!) so that was a nice surprise. Instead of diving into emails I was able to get back into the swing of things by listening to 6 hours of disability and long term care insurance...not sure which one was worse! Ha ha! 4:25 couldnt get there soon enough and I raced out the door to see my girl sleeping away!! They said she did GREAT!! Slept and ate...what she does best! I only called one time to check on her and Jeremy called once too! Lets hope tomorrow goes as well as today. Hate to say it- but Im already ready for the weekend :)

2 comments:

The Templeton's said...

I am SO happy for you!!! what a wonderful day and it sounds like you have some amazing co-workers! Darn, I wish I was in that CE class with you I need like 14 hours by Sept! haha SOOOO proud of you and I am SO glad it went well!

Anonymous said...

I have learned to have patience and strength since I have had my babies! It is so hard being a mommy, yet so rewarding!!

www.dukeandsarah.blogspot.com