Tuesday, April 20, 2010

random ramblings

Not a whole lot is going on with us…we like it that way! We had a great relaxing weekend….Friday we just stayed in and went to bed early…oh and Saturday we went to bed early too. I see a pattern here! Saturday Jeremy picked up a truck load of mulch and had enough for all of our landscaping! It beats buying 50 bags- we just got 2 big scoops! My mom and I ran errands and went over to one of my labor and delivery nurses’ house for some interior design stuff and we got lucky- she had her baby scale with her! So we got to weigh Hannah (I was really excited about this because Hannah doesn’t go back to the doctor until her 4 month appt.) She weighs….14 pounds 11 oz!! WOW! I was excited to know this because as most moms buy their baby’s clothes by the months (3-6, 6-9 etc.) I have to look at the weight :) So Im sure we will be moving into 6-9 month clothes this summer! We went over to my parent’s house for a cook out on Saturday night and to watch Thunder over Louisville…but didn’t quite make it to watch the fireworks. We got home and were all asleep before they started!
Sunday we headed up to Owensboro to see Jeremy’s family and then headed back that night. Monday came way too early! It’s amazing how precious our weekends are with a child. I can’t get enough of my time with her. It just goes to fast. By the time we get home from work, wash bottles, make dinner, do laundry, and clean up dinner…its bedtime! And Im even going to bed later than I used to! I like to be in bed around 9:30 or 10:00…when I was pregnant, it was lights out at 8:30 or 9:00!!
Hannah has her 3 month pictures this weekend I can’t wait for those- Im hoping she will have her eyes open in these!
She is growing like a weed these days and SO much more alert and really laughing and smiling! She is so fun!! It’s so fun to get her excited!! She is close to rolling over and even though she doesn’t love tummy time (my mom calls it torture time!) she really scoots around and gets her legs up and moving!
She is gaining something and losing something else…she is really starting to lose her hair! Poor girl! She still has a lot on top- its like two inches long! But she is really losing it on the sides. She might end up with just hair on the top! Ha! And she might possibly be gaining a TOOTH!!! We noticed how much she had been drooling in the past few weeks and my mom made the comment that she might start teething early. Well I didn’t think it would be this early! I noticed in Owensboro how much she was drooling so I looked in her mouth yesterday and OMG I saw a white dot on her gums. Its small and could possibly be a tooth! But we could be WAY off and it may not be at all. But that would be something if it was! Guess we better stock up on Tylenol and Orajel!!
She seems to be doing great at daycare…they love her! We are so happy with where she is at so that makes it easier to leave her. It’s nice to have some sort of a routine. I know when I was on maternity leave we just shopped and lunched so much that we had no routine!
We are going to have our first night away from her for the KY Derby! Not too far away- my mom is going to watch her for the night. This will be our 3rd annual trip to Trackside with Blake and Courtney and my sister is joining us this year too! We love Trackside and love that we have kept this tradition up! Then we will head back to our house to cook out and have one full night of sleep…Im taking bets on how early we both wake up and run over there to get her! Being a mom is absolutely amazing. When that little girl smiles at me first thing in the morning, I forget about all my worry and even how tired I am! In that moment- Nothing else matters.
Jeremy starts softball this week and I am so excited to take Hannah to see her dad play. I used to take Ruby but I definitely can’t handle them both! Hopefully Ill have some cute pictures from the game! I wish I could make a miniature baby shirt like Jeremy’s baseball jersey and get her a baseball hat! We just might have to!

I told you this was going to be random!!

No comments: