Wednesday, October 6, 2010

we survived our first CIO night

8 months later we had to have a “middle of the night, put Hannah in bed with us” intervention. She had to CIO (cry it out!) and we all survived! She had been sleeping so great until Friday night. I think she sleeps so well during the night because of how worn out she gets at daycare but we had a babysitter on Friday and I don’t think she was as tired as she usually is. So she was up and the easiest thing to do is put her right in the middle of us (and to be honest- I love how tiny our big bed makes her look!). Saturday the same thing, and Sunday she slept so much to and from Owensboro that we did it again. Something had to give!!! So I told Jeremy it was CIO night. I went in there when she cried out around 3 something and put her paci in…she wanted nothing to do with it. So we just laid there and listened. The good thing- it wasnt the terrible scream that makes you think she fell out of her crib. It was just a whiney, come get me kind of a cry. And it didn’t last too long…and she put herself back to sleep! YAY! They say the first night is the hardest and they cry the longest. Ill let you know about that tomorrow….
Hannah went back to bed…we didn’t really. But Id rather her go back to bed anyways. SO Jeremy just went ahead and got up and I think I fell back asleep for maybe 20 minutes. But that’s ok…Ive had enough coffee today. Im hoping the crying sessions get shorter and we all sleep happily ever after….
How do I resist putting her in bed with us?! First day for tights and Uggs!!

No comments: