Sunday, October 17, 2010

why my friday was so expensive...

this was just not my week. Im ready to start over tomorrow. Nothing seemed to go right- work was long and hard and it ended with a bang....you'll see why.
It was suppose to be my half day but I had a client meeting I could not miss. So I had planned on working through my half day (that is very hard to do!) My meeting was at 3 that afternoon- so I headed over and come to find out- no one showed up. Yep...no one. These are new hire meetings so generally 4 or 5 people come to hear about their new benefits which I get to explain. Well no one came. I was SO bummed! I had spent my whole day preparing (and thinking of a million other things I could be doing with my half day). So I headed back to the office because I had already been there all day I might as well go back for an hour or so. Oh and on my way to the meeting I threw a diet coke in my purse...which was punctured by a foriegn object and poured out into my purse. The whole entire thing. I was literally pouring diet coke out in the parking lot. So I ducked out of work at 4:30 to pick up Hannah. Usually my mom picks her up and we meet after but I love sneaking out a little early to get her (and I figured it would make my day better!). I pick her up- business as usual and Im heading home on Old Henry- which seems to be a busy little road- filled with houses, a couple farms, a school, and even a daycare. Literally OUT OF NOWHERE a DEER crosses the road. I had no time to react- in an instant the deer smacked right into my car. Loudest sound I have ever heard. This thing went flying probably 25 feet in the air and landed on the other side of the road. I can still see the deer flying threw the air and I do believe we made eye contact. It was terrible. Just as terrible as you would think it would be. I am SO thankful I didnt have time to react because I probably would have swerved or slammed on my brakes and made things worse. Thank God no one hit me from behind. I can only imagine what the other drives thought as the poor deer was FLYING threw the air. It was awful. It happened so fast I can hardly remember those first few minutes. I dont know if I screamed or stopped but I slowly drove away (after all you dont exactly stop to see how the deer is) and I pulled off into a parking lot. I ran to check on Hannah- she was crying (im not sure if me braking scared her or maybe I screamed) so I pulled her out- she was ok. Then I looked at the damage- PRAYING there was no blood. How awful. There wasnt blood- just fur. There was some nice damage done to my car- the whole front end will have to be replaced. And come to find out- you do have to file a police report when you hit a deer. I later learned the deer did die and is still on the side of the road. I plan on taking another route to daycare. I was so shaken up. We see alot of deer where we live but it seems that we always have time to react and let them cross. This was one jumped right out in front of me. Just to be safe we took Hannah to Kosairs ER. She was so good....and everything was ok. I was so worried about her. I couldnt imagine if I was ever in a real accident. So $500 car deductible, a trip to the ER, oh and they reccomended we get a new carseat just in case....do you hear that? Chaching, Chaching, Chaching.
To make my weekend a MILLION times better we had Hannah's 9 month pictures yesterday. I dont know how Amanda finds these incredible locations but we were on a random street downtown in front of the most BEAUTIFUL set of doors. That girl is good...ok...GREAT! We are so lucky we found her. I cannot wait for the sneak peek. Hannah wasnt too happy about being changed several times or having her picture taken but I know we got some great ones. Afterwards we headed to the Fall Festival at her daycare and enjoyed such beautiful weather. It was a really nice night.
first ER bracelet
I dont think this picture does much justice. the whole front end has to be replaced!

fall festival!
first time in a bounce house!

a few of my own pictures after our photo shoot!

she would rather pick the paint!


No comments: