Tuesday, January 24, 2012

24 weeks, 2 year stats & our house!

Warning: long and detailed post below...but I figured Id just fit it all into one!
We've reached 24 weeks- YAY! It feels really good. Its crazy to think at my next appt I will be in the last trimester. Things are just going to FLY by!! Im feeling great besides wanting to eat EVERYTHING in sight. I remember this happening to me with Hannah but that was at like 36 weeks....this is a bit too early! Im just starving all the time.
Little man is growing and growing some more! Causing me to grow too! Ha ha! Some days I feel like Ive done really well and others...I feel like I did eat everything in sight :) Ive gained 10 pounds which is pretty good so far. But lots longer to go! My c-section has been scheduled...its on the books! As long as all goes as planned that will be his birthday. Crazy to think we already know it. Im getting a little more nervous as the days go on about the c-section but I know it happens everyday!
Its hard to believe but I have only bought ONE thing for him! I know- seriously hard to believe. Ive been so busy with the house, Christmas, Hannah's birthday, that time is just flying by. I picked up the CUTEST pair of little boy shoes for him. They are like little sperry's. Adorable. We pretty much have every big item that we will need but we will need a double stroller...of course Im sure by the time we buy one Hannah will be boycotting the stroller just like she does her highchair and booster seat!
Speaking of H....we had her 2 year appointment yesterday. That girl is a TROOPER! When the nurse said she had to get a finger prick I thought I was going to throw up. I HATE finger pricks. I mean more than getting blood drawn. I know, weird. Just something I hate about them. Anyways- she didnt even flinch. Just sat there and even watched the girl squeeze blood into the tubes. What a proud mom I was. As I was getting ready to pass out. She did cry with her shot- thankfully she only had to get one. But Jeremy was there to pick her up and console her...that girl LOVES her daddy :)
She weighed 32.8 pounds and is 35.5 inches tall. The 90th % for both. She actually weighed a little less than the last time we took her for her ears in December. Maybe she's on a diet. That would explain why she wont eat practically everything we give her. But we did try peanut butter on Sunday and all is well with that! I was so nervous about her being around peanuts that I just did not want her to have it before 2. But all is well so maybe we can start sqeezing in some good protein!

"I weigh how much??"

Now onto the house update....we are officially closing on Friday. Can you hear me shouting with excitement!! We cannot wait. This is such a dream house for us (well- once it gets all remodeled!) but its so perfect for us. I cant wait. I cannot wait to start picking out colors, carpet, floors, decorations, new lighting etc. Fun stuff! We still wont actually move in until mid February but just knowing its ours makes it even better! Of course, we do have to go back to being homeowners. Bittersweet...Ive so enjoyed the stay at my parents house. It was a really nice break from gas and water bills and our mortgage. They have been so generous to have us there all this time...once we leave they wont know what to do!! I can guarantee they wont miss Ruby or the piles and piles of laundry we bring with us :)

I cant wait to start posting before and after pictures. Maybe by May 8th the house will be ready!!

No comments: