Monday, January 16, 2012

Wee Rocked!

We had SOOOOO much fun at Wee Rock! I couldnt have been happier or had more fun. I think I might have had the most fun :) I wasnt sure what to expect since it was our first class and I had no idea how Hannah would take to it- sometimes she can be really shy. There were about 8 kids in our class and several parents. Heidi the instructor was awesome and made everyone feel very welcome. Basically you sit in a circle and go from song to song for almost an hour. We used instruments, we danced, and we sang (my favorite part!). It was so fun! For about the first 30 minutes Hannah just sat in our lap watching very seriously. Then when Heidi passed out the little tamborines it was like something clicked and Hannah was the star of the show! She was dancing and clapping, and she kept yelling, "YAY!". Hannah LOVED when Heidi opened a bag full of instruments. She kept pulling them all out and played with all of them during our "jam session". Then Hannah loved clean up. She loved going to pick up all the instruments and putting them back in the bag. My little cleaner :) It was just so much fun. I left there smiling and already cant wait to go back next week. If you live in the Louisville area and have toddlers and would be interested in something like this, we highly reccomend it. The website is www.weerock.net. I just love things like this that we get to do with Hannah. Its so hard being away from her week while she is in school so its great to get to see Hannah in her element.

The rest of our weekend was great- Sunday my mom and I traveled to IKEA and got some great things for the house. It was kind of hard shopping without an idea of where everything will go but we have a list of things we want to get after we get settled in the house. I love IKEA because of the awesome stuff they have but also their prices. Now its funny because some things are so amazingly underpriced & very good quality but then some things are just way up there. I like the cheap things :) I found a coffee table for the family room for $20!! Now with two young kids I know sharp corners will be a concern so my mom and I are going to find some awesome fabric and make an ottomon type table. I also found a $30 craft room table...Im so excited to get my own craft room. That room is obviously not first on the priority list but it will be fun to do!

Lastly, we got this huge unit for the living room (which I call the play room because it will be just for the kids!) but it has these openings for cute baskets to slide in that will hold all of their toys. I cant wait to put that room together!

We are anxiously awaiting our closing so we can get in the house and start all the work! The list is LONG but its all fun stuff so Im trying not to get overwhelmed. We looked at carpet and paint this weekend. You know you are old when....carpet and paint are a highlight to your weekend :)

Im at work today....it seems the rest of the world is not but maybe that means it will be quieter. Hannah is at home with my mom and I am jealous! They will have alot of fun though! I am so thankful to have such an awesome mom who looks so forward to a day off with Hannah. Its always an adventure! :)

No comments: