Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Halfway there!!

We are a little over the halfway mark! 21 weeks to be exact and 19 more to go!! Well a little less but thats a good thing for me :)

We went to the doctor last week to follow up our ultrasound and got to hear the heart beat again- what a sweet sound! Jeremy is still convinced its a girl...ha ha! Im feeling alot better and eating dinner now so thats a plus! Im still pretty tired every night but I was tired pre-pregnancy so nothing new there :) I had to break down and buy the belly band. All my maternity pants are too big and my works pants are a little snug. Ive only gained 6 pounds over 21 weeks so that makes me pretty happy! Although my appetite has increased so I need to watch it!! Everything on the baby looks good but we might need to go back and get another check of the heart. Not that anything looked suspicious- just that because of the baby's position they couldnt get a good read on it. That is fine by me! The more ultrasounds the better!

Dr Basham thinks this baby is going to be BIG! Im like SERIOUSLY??? There is no way we could have a bigger baby than Hannah at 9.6 pds. But she says that boys are normally bigger and thinks he could be quite the chunker! I thought I might get a skinny baby for once....not looking like that will happen!!

One reason I am ok with another big baby is because I will be having a c-section with this one. When Hannah was born her shoulder was stuck and unbeknownst to us- it was actually much more serious than we realized at the time. Its called shoulder dystocia and they say that is is more likely to happen in a second pregnancy and can have major complications such as nerve damage to the baby or worse. So we are definitely choosing what is best for him. We can schedule this one and that fits perfect with me and my organized self :)

At our appointment we started looking at dates for the c-section and it looks like MAY 8th will be the BIG DAY! Wow! As we left Jeremy said- why does the date keep getting closer and closer? I laughed...but its true! At first we guessed my due date to be around May 15th...then they did our first ultrasound and pushed me back to May 22nd. Then we had our big ultrasound and they moved me back up to about May 14th. SO....since they want to do the c-section the week before so I dont go into labor on my own...we had the option of May 8th or 9th. May 9th is my brothers birthday and I didnt want to take his big day so it looks like Tuesday My 8th. Its so weird to know the date already. IF everything goes as planned :)

That gives us like 4 months to get the house ready. We are feeling the pressure a little bit! House update...we have gone through the inspection. We had a few things that needed attention but no deal breakers- thankfully!! All the negotiations are done and now we just wait on the appraisal and wait for our closing date!! I cant believe its really happening! We probably have about 3 weeks of work once we get the keys but Im very thankful we have somewhere to stay during that time. We will replace all the floors, paint, replace bathroom hardware, new door locks, light fixtures, you name it! I know alot of it can wait until we are in but I cant wait to move in with all that done. Then we can focus on decorating not one but TWO kids rooms! We are so thankful for this house and everything it brings with it. Its a lifelong home for us and we cannot wait to get settled!!

Hannah's New Years resolution is OBVIOUSLY not to give up her paci :) Not even to little brother!!

No comments: