Friday, May 3, 2013

homesick

I feel super homesick right now as this is one of the most exciting weekends in Louisville, and whether you go to the Derby or not there is just some magic in the air! I miss all the talk of the races, watching all the footage, seeing the pretty hats and dresses, etc. We will definitely watch the races and tomorrow we will have our own little Derby party!
Not only am I sad to miss Derby time in KY but this weekend my precious little brother graduates from UK. I dont even know how that is possible. I love that kid so dearly it makes me so heartbroken to miss his big day. He's worked so hard, and deserves everything he has ahead of him. I love you Alex and I know your college graduation day is going to be a special day for you. I couldnt be more proud!
Im also wishing we were home getting ready to celebrate Owen's first birthday with family and friends. I suppose I should do a little shopping for him. This is really bad second child syndrome. Hannah had big, fun parties but I know all that matters is that he is surrounded by love. And he is, the three of us couldnt love that kid anymore! I dont even know how he is one. This time last year we were having a Derby party and I was having Owen 3 days later. I love who he has become- such a funny, bright eyed little boy!

Sorry for my pity party...Im thankful for things like Facebook so I can see all of the pretty dresses, horses and hats! Ive got both kids napping right now (miracle) one is in my bed and the other is in his sisters bed. Owen HATES his crib. We really messed up when it comes to teaching him to sleep on his own. After 40 minutes of screaming in his bed I rocked him in Hannahs room and now he is asleep in there! She wont nap in her bed, only ours. I guess I should stop complaining, they are both asleep after all. Not for long Im sure.

Happy Derby weekend! 

No comments: