Tuesday, May 7, 2013

playing catch up

Just to get caught up on last week/weekend we did several new things in Las Vegas. Thursday, Owen and I went on Hannah's field trip to the Springs Preserve with her. It felt so good to do this with Hannah. I just prayed it didnt end in a meltdown like Disney on Ice...oh I forgot to write about that debacle? Maybe more details one day but lets just say we spent 25 minutes in the bathroom screaming about who knows what and missed the whole last part of the show. Which then led to 30 minutes of crying the whole way home....so anyways, I prayed for an uneventful field trip to avoid handling that type of meltdown by myself. It was a fun day and beautiful weather. Hannah loved the lizards and was alot more interested than I thought she would be.
Saturday we went to the Childrens Discovery museum which is a really neat place. We ended up getting a membership so we can go whenever we'd like. Hannah's favorite room was the water room, which really does leave you nice and wet! She could have played in there for hours. I figure that will be something fun to do on really hot days. We also joined the Y and are looking forward to the pool and water park they have. I see many summer days spent there!
We were able to watch both the KY Oaks and Derby and had our own little Derby party! Thankfully we didnt place a bet on the horses I picked, they didnt come in!
Sunday we went to a new church nearby. We heard they have a great kids program which will be great for the kids. Owen will be in the nursery for a while but Hannah enjoyed the 3 year old class. We really liked it and hope to meet new people too!
Today I toured a Kids Co-op preschool. When we lived in California I went to a Co-op preschool and my mom loved it. Its where the parents work a few days a month and help with fundraisers, cleaning, projects, etc. This would be a great way to meet some families and help with Hannah's school. I hope it works out. The only problem is they dont have a class for Owen so we would have to find care for him which would be more each month, so we will have to figure it out but it would be fun!


loving the lizards!

Childrens museum!



her favorite room!



they were both on the phone at the same time :)

We are gearing up to celebrate this little guys FIRST birthday tomorrow! Cant believe this day is here. What a JOY he is!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The water room looks so fun! Happy 1st birthday, Owen!!