Thursday, April 26, 2012

37 weeks & 27 months!

Here we are at 37 weeks and Im hanging in there! I feel so big and uncomfortable that there are some days I am just READY but Im such a planner and an organizer that he cant come before May 8th! Ha ha! But really, if he did come early it would be a little crazy but all would get taken care of. I just worry about last minute details with Hannah and Ruby. Right now everything is all set- we know who is taking care of Hannah each night and Ruby is all set to go to the kennel but if he came early we would be scrambling! With your first child everything is ready, bags have been packed for weeks but with our second, all our stuff is laying out (with the intention of being packed) I have newborn diapers all over the place and his room is full of gift bags. Im glad I have all summer to go through it :) I think the first couple of weeks will be MUCH different than Hannah's first few weeks at home. A little more chaotic and probably a little more messy around the house. Thankfully we will have plenty of help!
Im getting a little crazy around the house- every night I keep thinking, if we had him tonight- is everything ready, cleaned and straightened up? I just dont want to come home to a mess! Im getting into that last minute crazy, cleaning, organzing phase and its wearing me out! Ive been exhausted lately. I guess I should get used to it!
I dont have a picture today- I wore a shirt that makes me feel like I look like a tent. Just not flattering! But Im still doing pretty good just getting around is getting a little harder! And painting my toes!
We went to our 37 week appt yesterday and everything still looks good. We didnt get his weight at the ultrasound but he looks so adorable in there. I just CANT WAIT to hold him. I think he is going to have lots of hair and look like Hannah. Im thinking his eyes will be brown though. I really have no clue why I think that! Just a guess! Im hoping my last ultrasound next week they will check his weight. Im not sure if they will though. But all in all, he looks great and all is on track for May 8th

She is a mess! She reads & reads & reads! She did not want me taking her picture- which is the norm lately!

I wanted to include a little post on our little 27 month old! It seems after 2 years old you dont really break out their age by month but I still dont want to forget some of the funny things she does right now. She is STILL our little firecracker and some of the things she does and says just make us look at eachother and crack up!! Just last week she started with "Oh MY GOSH" and its a very loud and dramatic. She will just be reading a book to her babies (one of her favorite things to do) and youll hear her say "OH MY GOSH". Its so adorable. and we tell her to say it all the time. She cant really pronounce her "g's" so it sounds like oh my dosh.
She is also way to grown up for kids utensils. She always has to have a fork or spoon like we use. And its "my moon". Those plastic spoons are for babies I guess! If I can get one past her- its a miracle!
At just over two she is a talking machine and sings SO many songs we didnt even know she knew, she loves singing the alphabet. She will just sit and sing to her babies. She is a baby doll fanatic! She takes a baby doll everywhere. And always tells us that her babies are sleeping and that we need to be quiet. Lets hope she stays quiet when we have a REAL sleeping baby in the house :)
She loves wipes and baby diapers. She calls diapers "diawos". And always tells us that her baby is stinky and dirty. Im sure she will always let us know when baby Owen is :)
She is my SLEEPER! I am so thankful she sleeps. Im afraid Owen is not going to be a sleeper. But Hannah LOVES her bed and needs lots of sleep. She probably naps for almost 2 hours at school and we put her down between 7:15 and 7:30 and she sleeps until I wake her at 6:45. When I go in to wake her she rolls over and pulls the blanket up close to her face. As if to say, No Mom! Just 5 more minutes. Its very rare that we hear a peep out of her all night. Im hoping a crying newborn wont wake her!
She is just in a VERY fun stage right now. There are days that are very hard and exhausting but she is HILARIOUS and I absolutely love watching her learn. She is just a little woman and I love that she is all mine. We are trying to make her a little more indpendent because once Owen is here it will be hard to carry her down the stairs and do all the things for her that we do now. But she will turn into my little helper Im sure!

No comments: