Thursday, April 19, 2012

sweet sprinkle & 36 weeks!

On Sunday I had such a sweet sprinkle for our little Owen. He was spoiled with so many adorable things and surrounded by people who already love him. I am so thankful for old and new friendships- and family who is always there to support us. Im majorly bummed that I didnt get any pictures of people. I mean seriously?!? I know Im going to look back and wish I had more pictures documented through this pregnancy but I just feel like the last 3 months have been a HUGE whirlwind!! Usually I just pick up my phone and take a few pictures which will work for now! Im so ready for life to slow down but I dont think thats possible. I am VERY ready to enjoy this summer with our new little love and relax as much as I can!
The decorations at my shower were adorable and the food was delic! I took some pictures before the shower got started and between showing people the house, eating (alot!) and catching up with everyone I didnt pick it back up :( But it was a wonderful time and I am so thankful for such great friends and family!





I love all the decorations made out of paint chips. How clever!

they are best buds!!
my sweet girl! she loves sunglasses!
here is another sweet picture from the weekend. I love these two...and she is the BIGGEST daddy's girl!
We are also at 36 weeks and I tell ya- every night I think this baby is coming! He will most likely take his sweet time like Hannah but I am just in pain I didnt know existed. I know it comes with the territory but it sure does make me feel like Owen is on his way!! Not only am I uncomfortable but I am back to going to bed so early. I am usually upstairs in bed by 8:00 and usually knocked out asleep by 9:00. I am just so tired every day. Im sure this is preparing me for the next several months!! I forgot about all those sleepless newborn nights. I am going to take advantage of all the sleep I can get right now!
Everything is going well- we got to see our little guy again yesterday and he wouldnt show us his face for anything! They did check his weight and he is weighing in at 6 pds 6 oz. I actually believe he is going to weigh less than Hannah. He has gained 2 pounds 2 oz in 4 weeks. If I was a betting person Id say he will be around 8 1/2 pounds. But we will see! She did tell us she could see lots of hair in the ultrasound. Not long but a good amount. We all know how much hair Hannah was born with and that girl still has a big ol head of hair! We are getting a little more ready- but if he was to come early we would have people scrambling around for us for last minute things. But Jeremy did put the carseat in the car last night. It was so weird looking at two carseats in the car but I figured a 36 weeks it was time. We also put the bassinet together so at least he has a place to sleep and will have a ride home! We are definitely ready to see his sweet face and hold him but we know we have alot of little things to do before he gets here. We better get going!

No comments: