Monday, April 30, 2012

Date night & some pottery painting!

We had a nice little weekend...one of our last as a family of three. Thats crazy! I can only imagine what life with two little ones will be like but Im very ready for it! Also because Im just very ready to not be pregnant anymore. I hate saying that because it is a HUGE blessing and not something that everyone gets to experience but toward the end I find myself VERY uncomfortable and extremely exhausted. I know having a newborn will make me extremely exhausted as well but at least Ill be cuddling a sweet little baby :) Anyways...We didnt do too much this weekend but it just felt good to have a weekend to ourselves and not have much on the agenda. Friday night Jeremy and Dan worked on the counters and Emma came over to play with Hannah. I think they were both exhausted from the week and by 7:45 they were both ready to crash! Saturday morning my mom and I took Hannah to the Paint Spot to paint some pottery. I had envisioned a cute green polka dot plate with both of our hands in pink. Of course painting with a toddler doesnt always go as planned! But she had fun and we got lots of Hannah's little hand prints on a plate. She loved having her hands painted by the lady working there. Its so funny how your kids always listen to other people so much better than you! We grabbed a bite to eat after that and then it was nap time! She naps like a champ on the weekends. I am so impressed by her sleeping skills. She absolutely LOVES her bed. Of course we are at the stage where she needs 3 blankets, 2 babies, 6 books, a cup of water, her paci and a bunny. I have no clue how she has room to sleep but I usually go back in there at some point and pull some of that stuff out. It cant be comfortable!

That night we had a date night and didnt really have much exciting planned. A date to us just involves a quiet dinner and a trip to lowes. We will make really great old people! We love to eat early and I go to bed so early I might as well be an old person! My parents kept Hannah all night so Sunday morning we enjoyed a quiet house without Mickey Mouse on in the background and even grabbed breakfast together. I tell all my friends with babies to take them everywhere! Thats when you can enjoy a quiet dinner out. With a two year old- eating out takes on a whole new meaning! We dont get out too much anymore! I ran some errands and by the time my mom brought Hannah back over she was ready for a nap again. That girl slept from 12:00 to almost 3:00!! I always hesitate to take a nap when she does because Im afraid she is going to wake up but I should start because she usually sleeps for a while. She is so funny now, when you lay her down she wont let you leave the room until you give her a kiss and a hug while she is laying in bed. Its so adorable and moments like that just make me want to pick her up and squeeze her!!
Anyways- we headed to the park after her nap to let Ruby run and let Hannah swing but that ended quickly when Ruby laid in the biggest puddle of mud! You cant take that dog anywhere!!
Overall we had a great weekend. We have one more weekend as a family of three and I want to spend as much time with Hannah as possible. Her whole world is about to change. All of our worlds are about to change but for the better of course!
I have a short week this week...my last day is Thursday! I cannot wait to log off my computer for the next 12 weeks! Its Derby week here in Louisville and looks like it should be beautiful! Enjoy your week!

No comments: