Saturday, May 19, 2012

figuring things out!

we are slowly figuring out life with two....challenging at times, rewarding and sweet most of the time but again...a little challenging. We've had alot of help from my mom and brother lately- which has been HUGE! Since I cant drive, Alex has been coming over in the morning to help me while I get two kids out of the house and he drives me to Hannah's school. My mom usually brings us dinner or just helps with Hannah while we figure out the schedule of a newborn. Owen has been incredibly good and I hope Im not speaking too soon. He is so calm and quiet. The only times he gets fussy is if he is hungry or if we are changing his diaper or clothes. He really hates his diaper being changed. He has had a little reflux lately and is spitting up alot. Poor little guy. Sometimes its so much it requires lots of laundry to be done. I think Ive done about 4 loads just today. But Im still absolutely loving having a baby around. I just look at his tiny features and kiss him most of the day. I know its way too soon to even begin to think about having 3 kids but I go back and forth on if I could even handle three and then I start to get a little sad thinking that he could be our last. It kinda breaks my heart. But we are only 11 days into his life so I need to stop thinking so far ahead!!
Hannah has figured out that Owen is staying and her behavior is reflecting that. I know this too shall pass but she has been a little more demanding than usual. Or maybe she is acting the exact same way before he was born and it just takes on a whole new meaning when we are tied up with a baby. There are times my heart breaks for her. I can just see it in her eyes that she feels left out but then she can do something super sassy and I dont know how we are ever going to convince her that Owen is a GOOD thing around here! She'll come around I know, its just a little challenging right now. Overall she does love him and loves helping with him. I dont mean to make it sound like things are not going well around here because overall things are REALLY good. Owen really has completed our family and I just look at him and cant believe he is finally here. I feel so lucky and Im just so thankful. Jeremy is the biggest help of course and I dont know what Id do without such a great dad to our kids. Im the lucky one!!
We are also figuring out how to get out of the house with two kids...two sets of everything it seems like! I really need to figure out how to go from 2 diaper bags down to one but we just always take so much stuff with us. Hannah requires ALOT of stuff. We cant leave the house with just diapers for her. Its a whole bag of stuff...you never quite know what kind of mood she'll be in! Always keeping us on our toes! It definitely takes twice as long and requires hard work from both of us but Im up for the challenge :) Ask me on Monday when I attempt to take Hannah to daycare by myself...Im nervous just thinking about it!
Last night we had our first night out of the house...we had to drop off something for a friend and we thought we'd try dinner out. Thankfully Owen slept through the whole thing and Hannah did pretty good too! It was fun being out as a family of 4- hard to believe less than two weeks ago it was just the three of us.
Overall we are figuring things out and learning how to wrangle two!! But actually I think the dog is having the hardest time with it. She has really been acting strange. Im sure she knows there is a new little one around and just wants to be more involved. She just stands on the deck and watches all that is going on inside. She'll get used to things too!
I was able to get a few pictures of Hannah holding Owen today...it didnt last to long before she let go of his head and I almost dropped my camera trying to catch it! I also got some sweet ones of her. She's just so grown up and beautiful. I love these two little kids!!!

this one is my favorite! 

poor owen looks a little uncomfortable!!



No comments: