Tuesday, May 15, 2012

one week old!

Owen is one week old today! Amazing how fast it has already gone. I already do not want him to grow up!! I am LOVING having a sweet little baby in the house. Its exhausting and tiring but man how I could just hold and squeeze him all day! Since we've been home from the hospital we've had visitors, doctors appointments and newborn pictures (which will be amazing! He did pretty good and stayed asleep most of the time. I was proud of my little guy!). On Monday my mom had the day off and it was just a peek into what the summer will be like! I cant drive for another week so I have needed lots of help getting around. Its nice to have a chauffeur but Im ready to be able to drive myself. She helped me get Hannah to school- which was quite a task. Im a little (ALOT) nervous about getting out of the house with both of them next week but maybe it wont be so bad. We went to Owen's first doctor appointment, grabbed some lunch and then to Target- I had been away too long! His doctor appointment went great. He is eating so well (all the time!) and growing just like he should. When we left the hospital on Friday he gotten down to a tiny 8 pounds but when we went on Monday he was right back at exactly his birth weight! She said they usually give them 2 weeks to do that. Not my hungry boy!! We do have to go to Kosair next week to get an ultrasound on his hips. The first doctor who saw him in the hospital felt that his hips were loose and wanted to just make sure they are growing ok. The doctors who saw him after that didnt feel anything was wrong but they all agreed it would be good to double check. Basically if the hips are out of socket and its not fixed early on he could need hip replacements. But he looks awesome and is sweet as ever. I just kiss him all day long!! I forgot how much I loved this stage. Of course its only been a week and we are all still in the honeymoon phase :) I know it gets alot more tiring but its the most rewarding thing I will ever do. There are so many great things about all the phases of our sweet children...and hard parts too.
Overall we are all hanging in there! We have so much support and people who love our children just like their own. We are so lucky. Thank you everyone for all the messages, texts, phone calls and sweet gifts! We appreciate everything! It definitely takes a village...there is no way I could ever do any of this on my own. Im off to bed....I need every hour I can get!!



I have yet to get any real pictures uploaded of him. The end of this week we finally slow down and I hope to get some & a post on his birthday. I definitely dont have as much time on my hands as I did with Hannah!!

1 comment:

Bethan Flynn said...

I love this last picture! I remember all the photos of Em in that exact pose! Probably how i spent half of my days on maternity leave!