Tuesday, May 29, 2012

odds and ends!

we had a busy week last week...I have to say, I'm learning that life before two kids was busy...but I use that term loosely prior to Owen...because now, busy takes on a whole new meaning! Whew! Its not too often that the house is completely quiet. It is right now- and Im taking a little time to sit and relax. This is a random post about a bunch of random odds and ends. Earlier this week our counter tops went in. I cant tell you how excited that made me!!! For the past 8 weeks our garage has been used to build them and sand them...but on Wednesday with the help of two wonderful friends they were finally installed! They look amazing! I think I love them more everyday. I also love that I have a new sink and faucet. That sink was so gross I cant believe I made it since March with that sink. But now I have a beautiful new sink that I actually dont mind using :) Watching 3 guys carry in the biggest piece of concrete was a little scary. I kept thinking how expensive it would be to replace the hardwood if they were to drop it. But they did it and I was in awe that they could carry it in like that! Im not sure we will ever get new counter tops again....if we do, the big piece will have to come out in several pieces!
Above is the kitchen before....

and after!! LOVE IT!!
this was before Jeremy put the sink in...they just have such a neat look!

We also ventured out to Jeremy's softball game on Tuesday night. I will say- I find that we are trying to get out of the house alot more with two kids than I thought we would. It seems that Hannah needs a change of scenery alot!! Once she stays in one place for too long she gets very restless! Thankfully my dad came too and was a big help in wrangling Hannah! I know Im driving Jeremy crazy (Im very thankful for his patience) because Im always dying to get out of the house. This could be because Im at home right now but with Hannah it just feels good to get out and do something. I know Jeremy gets off work and probably wants to sit around and rest but he's a great sport!
 Our big tank of a stroller! Its huge! But so glad to have it. We enjoy taking family walks with it at night!

I was also a little crafty this week. I saw this tutorial on Pinterest and loved the idea. Especially for winter and rainy days. But Ive noticed that the sun is usually right in his eyes so I thought it would be nice for summer too. I made my own version of this but thought it turned out pretty cute! and SOOO easy! Seriously- if I can do it- anyone can! I want to start making this as gifts for friends who have babies- its cute and clever!
 I just used a lightweight receiving blanket, found some ribbon to match and sewed it on then tied it to the handle bar. And of course I put his name on it :) And there you go!! So easy!

My next craft was something I saw on VeryJane. This is the picture from VeryJane but at $12.99 each and I need 3- I thought it would be worth trying myself. The wood plaques at Hobby Lobby are around $2.50 each, mason jars are about $1.50 each and the paint is about $1.00. We need to get dryer clamps at Lowes and they should be ready!! Ill post my after pictures once they are done.

We are enjoying the long weekend with our little family and a few cookouts. Saturday night we had to go to a wedding reception and so we took Owen and left Hannah with my parents. We figured he was the easier of the two! It was nice getting dressed up for the first time in a while!!
We also took Hannah to the Splash Park and she was quiet uninterested in the cold water. I think she'll be more of a pool girl! Sunday we enjoyed dinner with my whole family at my parents house. It felt so good to just sit around and laugh and laugh and laugh. Just what we all needed. Hannah enjoyed her little baby pool and looking for icky bugs (that is an entire post in itself!)
 a little snack at the splash park!
 
Monday we took Hannah and Owen to the pool in my parents neighborhood and I knew Hannah would love it. She did! And she looked adorable in her little green suit. She gets more beautiful everyday :) But Im biased! Owen snoozed in his carseat but it was a little warm. We didnt stay too long but it just felt so good to sit at a pool for a little while. I have a feeling Im going to spend alot of time there this summer and I CANNOT WAIT! I also cannot wait for our trip to the beach. Hannah has so much fun with my family and she just loves Lindsay and Matt. I will also have several babysitters to help out :) It will be perfect!


I hope everyone had a great long weekend and a great week ahead! Here are a few more random pics of my favorite people :)



I love when his little eyes are open!

No comments: