Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back to reality!

Reality check today- getting up at 5 am, packing bottles, encouraging (bribing) Hannah to eat her breakfast, get dressed, and do her hair and flying out the door to be at work by 7:45...whew!! I was tired when I got there...BUT I wouldn't have it any other way. (well- id like to win the lottery & never work again!) but that won't happen- so for the love of these two little babies I'll do it all again tomorrow! Going back to work today was emotion filled. Nervous to go back to a job I left 12 weeks ago, dropping off the sweetest little boy I know- to be cuddled & fed by other people, & closing out a very special phase of my life. I have to say leaving him was hard but knowing he's all mine and I get to pick him up makes it a little easier! The hardest part is closing out this phase of my life. Maternity leave is a very special & priceless time that I absolutely cherished. Knowing it was over just really hit me hard. I had 12 weeks to really bond with this little guy and it was so wonderful spending such great quality time with him. Not that it's over by any means but knowing this could be my last maternity leave or this phase of my life could be over- its just a very weird emotional feeling. I know I'm not doing a good job of describing it in words but it was just a little emotional for me. And I barely shed any tears- just a little misty eyed. So at 4:15 I think I ran out the door to go pick them up! I couldn't wait to hear about Hannahs day & get my hands on Owen. I'm pretty sure I held him all night :) to make this week easier my family is bringing us dinner every night & that is a huge help!! It makes coming home from a long day not so bad! This morning when I took them to school I thought Hannah would be very excited to take Owen to his room but nope, that big girl wanted to go straight to the monkey room. She made sure to tell me that Owen goes to the baby room & she goes to the monkey room- big difference ya know!!
On Monday night we decided to go for ice cream to celebrate these last 3 months. Hannah of course had to have her chocolate sprinkle cone. Which she never finishes so I don't mind buying it. But she did eat all of her rainbow sherbet which is rare for her- she never finishes her ice cream!
Overall my first day back was just that, first day back to work. I enjoyed catching up with friends & I know once I get our mornings down ill be glad we have a routine. But for now it's 5 am wake up calls & savoring my mornings with the two sweetest people I know!!

HARD to leave this sweet face!! Is it Friday yet? Thankfully Friday is my half day- have to ease in slowly ya know :)

No comments: