Thursday, July 12, 2012

do you know what's worse....

than thinking its Friday but its only Wednesday? When you think you are going back to work from Maternity leave on August 7th but you completely miscalculated and now you have to go back on July 31st! I have no idea how I miscalculated this (wishful thinking I guess) but I have to go back a week sooner than I thought :( I keep reminding myself that I am still getting the full 12 weeks off but its so hard when you have it in your head! I dont mean to complain because I know alot of people dont get to take 12 weeks but I just wanted that extra week to snuggle my little man!! Im going crazy in my head with all kinds of things that I need to get done a week sooner. Especially developing a routine and getting him to sleep longer at night!! Or I will be one tired Mama! Ive got alot to cram in the next 2.5 weeks but if it doesnt get done then it just wont. What is most important is taking the time to snuggle this sweet little guy as much as possible before I have to go back. This whole time Ive been telling myself that it wont be as hard as when I came back after Hannah because I know what to expect and Ive done it before. But yesterday when I had my wake up call I kind of just felt really sad inside. Knowing I have to do it all again and feel those emotions. Its not as hard dropping Hannah off anymore because she absolutely LOVES school and I know how much fun she has. But knowing someone else gets to hold, feed and snuggle Owen all day kinda makes my heartache. I know Ill get through it but the end of the work day sure wont come fast enough!

Enough about that....what did make me smile yesterday what how absolutely sweet Hannah was! Jeremy had to run to the store to get some tylenol for Owen (his poor little legs hurt from his shots) and as Jeremy was walking out the door she ran over to him and made him kiss her like seriously 10 times! Then she kept saying, Hug Hug. She wouldnt let him leave until he hugged her 10 more times. It seriously made my heart melt. Then when he got home he started to put together our next DIY project. We built a little reading nook for Hannah which resembles a tee pee. Its ADORABLE! It turned out awesome. I got the idea from Pinterest of course and all we have left to do is add the fabric and make some little pillows to match. So Jeremy got it all put together and brought it in- Hannah looked up at him and said, "I love it". In the absolute sweetest voice. Then she gave him a huge hug as if to say, thank you so much for making me so happy. Talk about melting again.

Its moments like those that even though I have to go back to work it makes it all worth it because we have two little people who love us more than we could ever know and we love them more than they could ever know. July 31st will be a hard day but I have two sweet faces to come home to!

(our Tee pee looks exactly the same but Ill add pictures when we get the fabric added. I hope she will love reading in there!)
 

No comments: