Monday, July 9, 2012

Topsail 2012

We made another trip to Topsail Island, NC this year and had a great time!! I was nervous about 12 hours in the car with 2 young kids but the way down they did AMAZING! We also drove in the middle of the night which helped a ton. The way back had its challenges but I dont blame her! I didnt want to sit in the car for 12 hours either. Its always harder coming back. But we made great time and had time to hang out with Jeremy before we all crashed!
Hannah had the most amazing time at the beach. I knew she would love it but I didnt realize she would love it as much as she did. Now true confession- I hate the ocean. I will barely walk out to my ankles. I have no clue why its just this weird fear I have. I physically cannot make myself go out there. As a kid I loved the ocean- I guess I just grew more fearful with time. Anyways my little FISH couldnt get enough. Every morning she'd wake up and say she wanted to go to the beach and then she would practically run into the water. Alex would take her out and she would say, More Waves! Big Waves! She loved it. She also loved the pool and for some reason believes she can swim on her own. She would jump off the edge with no one to catch her if you'd let her. She is fearless!
We spent our time on the beach, in the pool, eating and just relaxing. Now, I use the term relaxing loosely because vacation with two young kids is not filled with laying around and sleeping in, but well worth it! I love vacationing with my family and we had a great time! The weather was amazing! HOT and sunny every day. On our way down we checked the weather and it showed thunderstorms every day. I was a little worried about rain and being stuck in the house with 2 kids for the week but all the weather missed us! Thankfully!!!
Overall the trip was great and watching Hannah on the beach was priceless! I promise Owen was at the beach too but the sweet little guy just stayed under an umbrella in his bouncy seat!
Topsail is a sleepy little town with not much going on- just the way we like it. Its not commercialized and there are only a handful of restaurants. So we spend most of our time at the beach and visiting a few of our favorite shops and cooking in the house. We didnt get out too much but we did take Hannah on her first jet ski ride! I had no idea how it would go. We decided to put her on a jet ski in between me and my brother but that didnt go over well at all! She screamed to get off. Then as everyone pulled away on their jet ski's guess who wanted to get on....So my dad came back and picked us up and she absolutely LOVED IT! She was laughing at every wave we hit and would just put her arms out to feel the water. If only as adults we could all have the pure joy in our hearts that a child does. No fear, no worry, no pain. Ahhh to be a kid again :) Id definitely take more advantage of nap time!
 I have a ton of pictures but Im still recovering from the trip and dont really feel like plugging in my camera so Im going to leave you with some pictures from my phone. I love my phone but I almost hate that I dont get as many pictures on my real camera because my phone is just easier. But I made sure to take as many pictures as I could. Of course these are the years that we will have to remind Hannah she usually refused having her picture taken :)


 a crazy storm rolled in on the second night we were there. It was so neat! That was the only rain we got...I was so relieved!
 she's a mess!
 such a sweet boy!
 Owen didnt like this too much!
 the face says it all!
 ready for the beach!
 this was how I thought the week would be...turned out to be beautiful!!

 thumbs up after jet skiing!

 we took a walk one night and leave it to Hannah to get totally knocked down by a wave and get up and laugh! She was soaked!
first time Ive ever painted her nails- she doesnt sit still long enough for them to dry!


 we told her she had to eat her dinner before she got ice cream at this little diner we went to. She's thinking- yea right!
 ready to jet ski!
 loving the beach!
 smiley boy!
 how he spent his time on the beach!

1 comment:

The Templeton's said...

LOVE THE PICS! I miss you guys! So sad we haven't gotten to talk I miss our email chats :) I am obsessed with the black and white ocean pic of hannah that needs to be blown up and framed! Owen is a doll! We will have to catch up soon! Glad you made it back safe and sound!