Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hannah's eyes

We picked Hannah up for her two and a half year appointment on Tuesday and on Jeremy's way in the director caught him and said that she and some of the other teachers noticed that Hannah's right eye was crossing. As soon as he told me I looked right at her and sure enough it was very noticeable. Now how could two people who see her every single day miss something so obvious? It made me so sad for her and also upset that it wasnt something I noticed. Jeremy and I talked about this all the way to the doctors office (we were very glad that's where we were going!) but we both believe this is something that came on almost over night. There is no way we could have missed this. It could have been a gradual progression and maybe Tuesday was just when we actually realized it but its so obvious that it really worried us that something just recently caused this over night. I mean I didnt even notice it on Tuesday morning! So we saw the doctor and as soon as we mentioned it to him, he said that was the first thing he noticed when he walked in :( How sad is that. When you look at her, your heart literally breaks. Mostly because it just looks like it bothers her. But I dont think it is. So anyways- Dr Blair referred us to an Opthamologist group and wanted us to get in rather quickly. He wasnt super concerned that it was anything neurological but because she is so young and how fast it came on we wanted to get in asap. I couldnt get in until August 6th....this had me so worried. So I called the next day to see if they had any cancellations and thank God they did. We got in this afternoon. We saw a very nice young doctor who was really good with her. She did awesome! Of course we bribed with suckers :) His overall opinion was that she has something called- esotopia and she does have an astigmatism and is alot more farsighted than the average child her age. He was a little concerned about how quickly this came on so she has to have an MRI :( I just hate that for her! I know they will sedate her but gosh she is just so little. Hopefully they will give her what she had when she had stitches. Geez- this has been quite a year for her!! Dr Franklin just wants to rule out anything neurological so we can focus on fixing her eyes.
We dont have the MRI until Aug 13 and Im not sure I can wait that long. Im going to call for cancellations every day!
If the MRI looks normal my sweet little baby girl will have to get glasses. I know how adorable she will look but GOOD LUCK to us to keep those things on!! Im glad Jeremy wears glasses so maybe she will think they are cool like daddy! He said the glasses could fix the problem and she probably wont need to wear them forever. I sure hope so. I just have no idea how she will do with them- she wont even wear a hat at the pool!
Please say a quick prayer for our sweet girl that the MRI is completely normal- Im very confident that it is but Jeremy and I are more than happy to do any test they want to make sure she is completely fine. Once we get those results we will move on to correcting the problem. She is such a trooper! For being such a healthy little girl she sure does have alot of random things happen to her!! Stitches, seizures, MRI's- and she's only 2 and a half!

Thank you for praying for her- we will keep you updated- Im hoping we get in alot sooner than Aug 13th!

Just a few pictures of my sweet babies!
I LOVE that she loves reading to him! She has been so sweet lately. The other day in the car as sweet as can be she just said out of the blue- I love you mama. MELTED my heart. We say I love you pretty much all day but this was completely on her own. I did almost cry. Then later that day she told me everyone she loved. It was adorable :)

No comments: