Monday, August 13, 2012

3 months old!

Im getting further and further behind! Sorry sweet Owen!!

3 months ago our lives changed drastically- and got MUCH busier, but its been the best 3 months! Not only are we so thankful for another precious baby but we loved becoming parents again and honestly, one of my absolute favorite parts is watching Hannah as a big sister. The other morning Owen was already downstairs before she came downstairs and between eating breakfast and watching Mickey she didnt see Owen in his bouncy seat- so all of a sudden, very concerned, she said, "where's Owen?". She is always thinking about him, talking about him and either covering him up with a blanket or taking it away from him :) She truly loves him. She loves making him smile and laugh and when she gets the chance she loves patting his back. (She has a SMALL obsession with putting everyone night night). She makes everyone lay on their stomach, she covers them up with a blanket & their heads too, and pats their back over and over. She could seriously do it for an hour. If you lift your head up- she pushes it right back down and says, "No! Go night night!" "It is funny, but not when you are the one getting patted! When Owen is doing tummy time she LOVES to pat his back- usually its rather rough but she loves it. I know Ive said it before but she has become so loving. She really understands love, she understands that we all say I love you, and loves telling us that she loves us. Best words you can hear from your child! Owen is just the absolute SWEETEST baby. I mean seriously- he and I have a very special bond. He loves when I snuggle him and can go right to sleep. I love it too. Ive been holding onto him so much tighter. I dont know if its because he could be our last one, or I forgot how much I loved the baby stage- Im not sure what it is, but I never want this sweet baby stage to end. But it is inevitable and it will end! He is already changing so much!
Owen at 3 months:
We weighed several times and it seemed as though it was coming out to about 15.6 pounds. When I had him on the scale with me it was like 16 pounds! But we will call it even at 15.6. Some of his 9 month onesies are getting snug :) He's SO juicy! He goes back at 4 months so we will know for sure then.
24.5 inches long
Wearing anywhere from 3-9 month clothes
Size 2 diapers
Eating about 3.5- 4 oz every 3-4 hours. Of course when he gets home from daycare he eats like almost every hour!
Sleeping from 9:30 or 10 to about 6 in the morning. There are some mornings I have to wake him up but most of the time he gets up about 6 or so. Then he eats and goes right back to sleep. I am glad we are developing more of a routine but it still stinks to be at work :(
He is doing awesome at daycare! They said he is a very laid back, easy going baby. He literally just sleeps and eats!
He still takes the paci but not as addicted to it as Hannah was (still is!)
He is really liking his baby einstein mat and can play for a while as long as he is full.
Overall he really is just a sweet, sweet baby boy! I literally hold him from the time I get home until he goes to bed. Some mornings when Im holding or feeding Owen, Hannah will bring a blanket over and we will all just snuggle in our big chair together. Those are the moments I am so thankful for.
Happy 3 months sweet baby boy! You are your momma's little boy and I LOVE it!

Hannah was dying to be in on the picture taking :)
Here are the three month pictures I attempted :)




 they actually look alike here!!
 SWEET sister!!
and sweet baby boy!

 poor Owen looks scared! Hannah is usually gentle with her patting but she can get carried away :)

No comments: