Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hannahs MRI

We had Hannahs MRI yesterday morning- all went very well. I was SOOO nervous about the IV and sedation. Mainly because the thought of my child being in pain or being scared or nervous just breaks my heart. But I should have known how awesome she would do. She's so much braver than I give her credit for. They gave her some versaid- which is what she had when she got stitches and Im so glad they gave that to her to relax her. Then they did the IV, which they numbed her hand first. She didnt even flinch!! They took her back and about 40 minutes later she came back sound asleep. It took her about an hour to really wake up and once she did....oh my goodness. Not kidding, she cried/screamed for 2 hours!! They said she could be grouchy or irritable when she wakes up and she definitely was. Nothing was going to make her happy. They really wanted her to drink some water to make sure she could keep it down but after about 45 minutes of fighting her to drink water they finally let us leave. I think they were tired of hearing her scream! I took the day off to keep her home- she definitely needed to be home all day. She finally napped and we were able to rest too. That night she was back to her same self! Lately she has been singing every single song she knows. I LOVE when she sings. There is something so sweet about it. And tonight she was putting on shows for us. She would say, watch this, watch this, and do some funny move. She was cracking us up!!

The best news is that all is fine with her head and brain. I called the doctors office, because I couldnt wait for them to call me and they said the results had just come in and all was good. WHEW! So glad that is over with. That just means the next step is picking out some adorable glasses for this sweet little girl!!

 sweet :)
 showing me her hospital bracelets!
 Is this not the most beautiful face. This was when she came out and was still sedated (and quiet- ha ha!)
 Jeremy drove her around in this until they called us back. We had to keep her mind off of eating or drinking somehow!

I also have to give a birthday shout out to my mom. Her birthday was yesterday and in all the craziness of the MRI and dealing with Hannah screaming for two hours I didnt even wish her a Happy Birthday (until I realized I had already talked to her on the phone and didnt even say anything)!! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best mom and granmommy we could ask for. Not quite sure what we would do without her. She is always helping somehow. Whether its making us dinner, picking up the kids or just coming over to give us a break. We love you so much and hope you had a great birthday!!
We celebrated on Sunday night with family- here is Hannah enjoying her carrot cake!
 Bumpah holding Owen- he will be 95 next month!
Happy Birthday!

No comments: