Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday randoms

Just random things going on in this little head of mine...

Pinterest is obviously amazing for so many reasons. One more reason is that I got a splinter randomly- I mean who gets splinters any more? But I did and it was one that hurt. So I remembered that I had pinned a tip to get splinters out and went back and found it. You basically take baking soda and make a paste by mixing it with water. Rub the paste on the splinter spot and let it sit for a couple minutes. Then I wiped the paste off and literally just pushed it out. No pain, nothing. Just watched it come right out!! Now this is defintiely something to remember for kids. I cant imagine taking a pair of tweezers to Hannah. I can barely get her toenails clipped or her hair brushed!

I have been obsessed with the Olympics and love watching it each night. One sport Jeremy and I loved watching was the sand volleyball- mostly the women. They are just incredible!! They won the Gold last night and it was so fun to watch!! Made me a little sad that they wont be playing together anymore. But they were so good!

Randomly I found this blog about a mom, 2 kids, full time job, trying to shed her baby weight. And on top of that, she is HILARIOUS. I mean, I literally laugh out loud at her posts. Ive actually been using it as inspiration to myself to get into much better shape and actually make healthier food choices. Not that we eat terrible, I mean I love pizza and going out to eat but its not like we eat Mcdonalds- like ever. But its just nice to have some tips! My goal right now is to drink a gallon of water a day. Ive already had half a gallon today so onto the next half! I actually do drink alot of water at work but my mornings are filled with coffee and unsweet tea or diet coke. Its going well so far!
Her blog is www. Mamalaughlin.com, If you feel like reading- she's too funny!
Breastfeeding helped me shed all of my baby weight plus about 5 pounds- which Im very thankful for but I have plateaud and keep going back between the same 2-3 pounds. Frustrating!! But I also cant say that Im actually working out and on a diet. But I am going to try and do some little things that might help! Anyone ever heard of the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels? Thinking about trying it....lets see if I last a week!

We are trying this recipe- Slow Cooker Italian Beef sandwiches in the crockpot today. I hope its delicious because it sounded very good! Ill report back!

We had operation "Take Paci Away" last night and it FAILED. Ha ha! Hannah knows she cannot have her paci at school. So as soon as we turn into school she automatically hands me her paci (see, she is so smart but too smart sometimes!). Its nice that she hands it to me and doesnt put up a fight. BUT the second I pick her up she wants it. And of course I give it to her. (Lets face it, its better than crying the whole way home!). But yesterday she had it in her mouth on the way home and she was telling me what song she wanted to listen to on her CD and I couldnt understand her for the life of me. So I kept telling her to take it out and tell me again, well that made her even more mad. So between her screaming about some song and Owen crying because he was hungry, I came home and told Jeremy we needed to take the paci away during the evening. She only needs it during bedtime, naps and she can have it in the car. Well..that went over terribly. She literally screamed for 45 minutes. And followed anyone around who would listen to her. POOR girl!! So we caved. But I also picked worlds worst time to do that. I mean it was kind of mean to take it away from her with no warning, when she is at her most tired point in the day. We shall try again!!

Ok...I think thats all. This ADORABLE little boy was 3 months yesterday...more on what he is doing at 3 months later!

Look at those cheeks & lips!!

Told you that was random...thanks for listening to me ramble!!

No comments: