Friday, September 7, 2012

Crazy couple of days!

This has been a crazy couple of days! Ive actually been able to sleep in some but I have been exhausted! Story of my life I guess. Maybe Ill catch up on sleep one day :)
On Tuesday, Hannah went to Owensboro to spend the week with Jeremy's family and celebrate Jacey's 8th birthday! I cant believe she is 8- I literally remember the moment I held her for the first time. She was 4 hours old and Jeremy's mom handed her to me as we were standing in the hospital room. I kept thinking- do not drop this brand new baby! Ha ha!
So Jeremy and I spent some time spoiling Owen and getting a few projects done. On Wednesday we had the weirdest storm blow through and knocked out our power for 3 hours. Now this wouldnt have been a big deal, especially since Hannah was safe in Owensboro and we were able to take Owen with us to grab some dinner. BUT....I have a deep freezer with about 200+ bags of frozen breastmilk and I was going to do whatever it takes to make sure it was ok. So poor Jeremy- I know he thought I was a crazy drama queen but he- the loving hubby that he is- ran to the golf course and got a generator. I couldnt take any chances- I worked SO hard for all of that this summer. The power came back on 3 hours later thankfully!
Then Thursday morning I had to travel to Owensboro for 2 meetings for work- I started driving at 7:20 am and swear I felt like I drove all day. I could not have a job where I drove all day. I was seriously EXHAUSTED by the time I got home. But I got to Owensboro- pulled into a parking lot to pump- ha ha. I never thought I would find myself in so many random parking lots pumping! LOL! As I was doing that. Jeremy called me to tell me Hannah was sick with a 102 degree fever. My first instinct was to go get her right after my meetings and bring her back but I knew if I brought her back with me I would have to take today off and due to my maternity leave I basically have no sick days left. So it was a much better option for Jeremys mom to keep her until today and give her some extra love and snuggle time! Im SO thankful for Sue these last couple of days taking care of Hannah. Sue wanted to get Hannah into the dr so I met them and gave her our insurance card and they took her to the dr. Turns out she has a virus but Jeremy didnt tell me before my meetings (to save me from worrying) but Hannah had a small seizure and was throwing up. That poor baby- broke my heart. Sue said it only lasted a couple seconds and she was kind of like staring off and shook a little but wouldnt respond to her when she called her name. Thankfully it wasnt anything like the other 2 she had in the past but still scary. The dr said to rotate motrin/tylenol and let it run its course. Sue kept a very close eye on her and let her rest as much as possible. They are coming back today and I cant wait to snuggle her!
In all of the craziness Jeremy did get two projects done around the house- the list is SO long. I just look all around and realize how much we still have to do but I need to focus on how much we have done! After we installed the new countertops we had not picked out a backsplash- truth be told, I was being very picky and couldnt find one I liked. So we went to Lowes and I found one I loved! It matches perfect!

We also got the screen door put up on the deck door. During the fall I love having windows and doors open so I wanted this screen door to enjoy the cool weather!
But now I'm ready to enjoy this weekend & celebrate my 30's!!

Poor guy gets all the pink hand me down toys! He doesn't mind!

No comments: