Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1 week old!

Hannah is one week old today! She does all the things one week old babies do...eat, sleep, and sleep some more! She does sleep thats for sure! But thats a good thing- Jeremy says give her a few weeks and we will be saying, does she ever sleep?!? She has been such a great baby so far, and I am enjoying all my time with her! I love that Jeremy's schedule is slower right now, because he can spend more time with us as well!
One week ago today we were on our way to deliver this precious girl! Although I dont love hospitals I loved lots of moments we had in the hospital. I loved when she was wheeled into our room for the very first time. She was ours. I loved all the visitors who helped welcome Hannah and I absolutely loved the first night in the hospital with Jeremy. He went and got us hamburgers from the cafeteria, and we dined along side our sleeping newborn. It was just a moment Ill never forget. Over the past week, we havent done too much but stare at our little girl and try to get her to open her beautiful eyes! A couple trips to the pediatrician and even an outing to Target! (They had called looking for me! Ha!) Hannah's weight when we left the hospital was 9 pds 3 oz and when we went to the pediatrician on Monday it was 9.1. They wanted us back 2 days later to make sure she was gaining it back and she was 9.4 today. Good News! They said all looks good! She is eating and sleeping pretty well. Its hard to get into a routine or even try to figure out what one is with a newborn but we are learning alot about eachother.
At one week old she is:
Actually holding her head up if you lay her on your shoulder. Not for a long period of time but it is so cute when she does it!
She is doing her sleeping and feeding smiles- which are adorable and even though she has no clue she is doing it, I could watch it all day long!
Her belly button fell off this morning! I was surprised it was so soon. But just in time for her pictures on Saturday because she needs a bath and a hair do!
Thats about all she does at one week old- and I cant wait to watch her grow into those cheeks over the next few weeks! (Although I dont want to wish away my time with her- its been great!)
I feel pretty good- much better than I thought I would after delivering a 9 pounder but we have lots of helpers and it feels so good to just relax with my little one!

Here are some highlights of the past week!

Mom and Hannah- our first trip out

Hannah and Aunt Lindsay!

Ruby meet Hannah- Hannah meet Ruby! (Ruby doesnt like it already!)

One week old! And my eyes are open!
One of my FAVORITE pictures- its just beautiful! My dad and Hannah in the hospital

2 comments:

Bethan Flynn said...

These are fabulous photos of Hannah's first week - love them all! You look like such a proud mom on your first outing with her! Next time you take her to Target text me and I will meet you over there. She is amazing and I hope we get to see her again soon.

Caroline Mosey said...

Love the pics! Hannah (and her mom) look glowing and beautiful!