Sunday, July 17, 2011

a crafty weekend!

I had the craft bug this weekend! I have several monogramming orders right now- so I worked on some of those and began sewing! Something I am very excited about. I tend to try and do things my own way so I have alot to learn. My mom came over to give me some tips and I know that if I keep trying to do things "my way" its going to be the longer way :) She has a true gift when it comes to sewing. She made the most amazing Apron Knot dress. WOW! Hannah wore it in her 18 month pictures this weekend and it looked awesome. She just keeps telling me- its just straight lines...easier said than done :) However Im finding all kinds of new projects now that I took the first big step and actually changed the foot on my machine to the sewing foot. That was a big step for me! So I did alot of crafting, we had Hannah's pictures, and had a date night! It was really nice! My mom was so sweet to treat us to a babysitter on Saturday night. So the girl that watched Hannah for a couple weeks last summer came over for a couple hours. We had a nice dinner and saw Horrible Bosses. It had its funny parts but is definitely a renter. Before we had Hannah I was never much of a movie theater person...but now that we cant just pick up and go I like to see a movie every now and then. It was a nice relaxing night!
While we were talking over dinner we talked about totally revamping the closet in the guest room/office/craft room so I can work completely out of the closet. Instead of having to pull out all of my crafts for each project. I am so excited to get started and re-organize it. I have been stalking Pinterest for new ideas- by the way...if you are not on Pinterest you need to be. Ive never seen so many AMAZING ideas and recipes. I feel like I only get on there when Im starving and the stuff looks amazing!

I think the week ahead looks kind of busy but all fun things so that is good! Ill be trying to fit in some sewing too!

Isnt this so pretty! I could look at and pick out fabric all day for sweet dresses!

She also whipped up a pinafore for H. Its ADORABLE! The back has a huge bow and a ruffled edge. I cant wait to get pictures of Hannah in it. I have found several patterns that Im going to attempt...I found an "easy" pattern for a little girls skirt that Im looking forward to trying!

2 comments:

Grandmommy & Gramps said...

Thanks for the sweet complements. I am SO SO SO lucky o have this precious baby in my life!love you all!

Maci's Mama said...

You should totally get into sewing. It really is SEW much fun!! You are so lucky to have your mom, too, to help give you pointers. I am totally self taught with the occasional help of You Tube...haha! Have fun!