Wednesday, July 20, 2011

half birthday!

Someone is 18 months old today! What? How did that happen? Its amazing when children are this age how much they change in a year. This time last year I still had a rolly polly little BABY and now I have a rolly polly toddler. A little girl with a mind of her own, her independence, and well her own attitude too. Which we have coined, "hannatude". It fits. This girl always keeps us on our toes. So much for predictability. There are only a few "predictables" with Hannah, other than that her mind changes often! One night she might actually eat broccoli and the next looks at you like, what the heck is this stuff? What is predictable is that every single day she will make us fall in love with her more and more. There will be moments when Jeremy and I will look at eachother and in an unspoken way just know we could do this 5 times over. (Then I pay daycare....). But she is the true definition of unconditional love. There is something new she does every day that makes my heart smile. When she says, ma ma from across the room sometimes I just have to stop and go give her a big hug. As she begins to say SO many new things and if she doesnt know how to say it she tries, I cant help but just melt everytime I hear that sweet little raspy voice. Her favorite is Bye Bye. She doesnt leave a room without letting everyone know she is leaving. Its the loudest Bye Bye you've ever heard. And its amazing and I could listen to it over and over. Another favorite is Elmo. She knows Elmo's song very well and whenever she sees a picture of Elmo she instantly says, "la la la". To cute for words. Of course we think everything she does is cute, but there are some not so cute moments. Like the temper tantrums every now and then (seriously...I thought those started at two?) But it just teaches us how Hannah deals with some situations and how we are to react to her. She is the kind of child who just needs some time to chill out. Some mornings she has a fit in the high chair- so I just have to walk away until she is ready to be sweet again :)
She is learning alot and picks up on things so fast- she is very into telling you what sounds animals make....my favorite is the snake. She is so good at identifying objects and without you asking will tell you what they are. Especially dogs and bananas. She loves music, singing, her wagon, playing outside, eating fruit, waving at everything when she leaves a room. When she gets out of the bath, she waves to it. I love it.
She has the sweetest heart. She loves to give her toys hugs and kisses and always has time to give her daddy a big kiss! Most of the time she leans in to kiss me then moves her head and says, No! Ha! I love her more than I thought possible and although I miss the little baby that fit in my arms I absolutely love watching a child grow and learn. I love interacting with her and watching her understand. Sometimes when she is doing something bad we will tell her to go sit in time out and she really will go sit against the wall. Its beyond funny but it doesnt last very long. At least she gets the concept :)

I dont have recent pictures to post but Amanda just took her 18 month pictures which I cant wait to see! What a difference a year makes!

Here she is at 6 months old!!


Happy 18 months Hannah! Best 18 months of our lives!!

2 comments:

Grandmommy & Gramps said...

Dear Hannah, thank you for the most magical 18 months ever!I echo everyting your Mommy said with one little addition.The first moment I saw you, your Daddy led us to the room where your Mommy was holding you. We all marveled at the dark head of curly hair and your CHEEKS! But the other transformation was seeing my little girl become a mother. In that instant of seeing you in her arms, I saw your Mommy rocking and snuggling you in a new way- SHE was now a mother. I had no doubts your Mommy and Daddy would be the best parents, but at that instant I KNEW!! What a gft you are to us everyday! Love your Granmommy.

{Amanda G} said...

Happy 18 month birthday baby girl! You are such a beautiful little girl and I am blessed to even know you! Can't wait to see you again!