Monday, December 26, 2011

Hannah's 2nd Christmas, a puppy and mono!

We had such a great Christmas! There is nothing we love more than spending time with our growing family, laughing, eating, spending quality time together and exchanging gifts. I love getting gifts for people more than getting them. I love trying to pick out the perfect gift for everyone! Hannah had a BLAST! I absolutely loved watching her this year. Last year she was 11 months and a little interested...this year- 23 months and very interested! Once she got the hang of tearing the wrapping paper she was on a roll! Except she would open one gift and start playing with it and was not interested in the rest of her tower. She had so many presents I think she opened gifts all day! She was so much fun this weekend- I loved getting to spend so much time with her. We got so caught up in the weekly routine we rarely just get to lounge around and play all day! She got all kinds of baby doll accessories, musical instruments and lots and lots of books. That girl loves to read! She loves to read and color. I was finally smart enough to get her the markers that only color on certain paper. That girl wouldnt take a pencil if it was the last thing to write with!
My sister was surprised on Christmas Eve morning with a brand new 8 week old puppy!! I couldnt believe it when I saw Brinkley- she is an adorable Sheltie and once she warmed up to us she has been in puppy mode ever since! Hannah LOVES LOVES LOVES this dog. I had no idea she would take so well to her. She follows her every where and loves to chase her around. This does not mean we will EVER get a puppy. We can just borrow Lindays :)

Among all the wonderful thoughtful gifts we all got this year- Alex wound up with the worst thing of all. He has MONO!! The crazy thing is- he has had it before when he was younger. That poor kid. He felt so bad last night he hardly even opened presents. We are going spray the house down with lysol and hope we dont get it.
Other than those two surprises we had such a nice Christmas. There is nothing more than I love spending 24/7 with my favorite people. We just relax, laugh and eat and eat and eat! Hannah is at such a fun age and even though she doesnt understand the meaning of Christmas, Santa or why she was opening presents for hours she was still so fun this year. We even have presents she didnt even open that we might just wait and give her on her birthday! Which is right around the corner!! Now its onto birthday party planning! I still cant believe she will be two!

Here are some pictures from our very fun weekend (these are in no particular order- it is taking forever to upload pictures for some reason). I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and was able to spend time with the ones they love. I am off until next year! I am so excited about the break from work!!

Grammy and Bumpah's first Kentucky Tower! We spent the afternoon of Christmas Eve at their house and enjoyed it so much. A new tradition!!
These are our "famous" towers which I still love! We had 11 people on Christmas morning- it was a packed room to say the least! We took a break, made an awesome breakfast, took naps and then had Round 2 of Christmas!
Not so sure what to think!!
First glimpse of what Santa brought!!
Grammy and Bumpah got Hannah a rocking horse that makes noises and she loves it! She goes so fast Im afraid she is going to flip backwards!
Hannah has the SWEETEST daddy in the whole world. I just thank God everyday for blessing me with Jeremy. He is the absolute best dad to Hannah and loves her more than life itself. He went out and surprised her with her first jewelry box and some jewelry. Even I had no idea :)
Matt and Lindsay got Hannah a tricycle! Can you tell that she loves it??
13 places for Christmas Eve dinner- it was so beautiful and always a special time!
adorable place cards

Hannah spent alot of her time in the toy chest my parents got her. She would rather be in with all the toys then pulling them all out!

Even our new little guy had a tower. My mom managed to shop for him between Monday and Friday! I dont know how she does it!
He has his very own bunny. Its funny how soft and new he looked. We were sure not to show Hannah :) She might think it was a new one to add to her collection.

Christmas 2011 was a success and more fun than I could have imagined. Now onto Owensboro this weekend to celebrate with Jeremy's family. We cant wait!

No comments: