Sunday, December 18, 2011

our next house??

this has been a crazy week! But I am SO excited for SO many things that are coming up! Tomorrow is Pink or Blue day! I cant wait to check in on our little one and then the pink or blue buying can begin! I am so excited to kick start the week with that exciting news then wrapping up Christmas shopping and begin the festivities! Christmas is by far my favorite holiday and I cannot wait to watch Hannah this year. I think she is going to LOVE it! I am so looking forward to a long vacation from work and heading to Owensboro to visit Jeremy's family to celebrate Christmas and the New year! Of course, Im pretty sure I wont see any ball drop this year....again!
The biggest news thats been working is some house news....we may....have our....next HOME!!! I am so beyond on excited but I do not want to get my hopes up. This is such a long drawn out story so Ill try and save most of the details but we've been eyeing a house that we love that we know we will never outgrow...and if we do, we have too many kids and too many things! ha ha! But really this house has more room than we could have even thought we would need. Its the most perfect location, most perfect layout and even though it needs alot of work it felt like home when we walked in. Its perfect. Its a vacant house with an asking price that we felt was way to high. Lets be honest- it needs alot of work. Not that its not liveable right now but it needs all new floors. Lets just say this- like 8-10 people lived there- I think 2 families. They lived HARD in this house. So all the floors have to be replaced, its a little outdated and needs new paint. But overall- its just what we were looking for. So we talked out all the details, saw the house several times and finally decided to bite the bullet and make an offer. We were a little nervous because we were really throwing out a low offer because we knew going in we had to put thousands into it. And it also doesnt have a fridge, stove and needs a new dishwasher. So Wednesday we submitted our offer. I was interested to see what they countered back with but we didnt even get that chance because there was already on offer on the house! WHAT??!?! I was devastated. And I knew we had no shot because our offer was going to be so low that there is no way this offer was less than ours. We had to wait and see if that offer was accepted and then we could move forward. I was just really bummed because there is nothing else out there that we wanted. So we waited and Thursday night we heard that the other offer was not accepted. Im sure you can imagine my surprise and excitement! We submitted our offer and just waited....Friday night we heard the good news. They did counter back but surprisingly they countered with a lower price but selling it as is pending the inspection. Which means we need to come in and replace all the floors and paint it ourselves, but at this point I think Jeremy and I both knew that it was the price we had both agreed on and if it meant we needed to put some into it we were ok with that because we will be there for a LONG time! (I hate moving and dont want to do it again!). So....we accepted their counter offer!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!!!!! Now...I dont want to get too excited (even though I already have!) because this is all pending the inspection but if that all goes well then we have our next house. I am decorating it right now!! I am thinking of carpet, paint colors, my huge master closet and my second floor laundry! Something I am VERY excited about. It has a finished basement so that is one less stress too! Its on a cul-de-sac and in a neighborhood that almost connects right to my parents. Jeremy and I feel so relieved and we are just so thankful. Ive been praying about this alot- that if this is what is meant to be then it would all work out. It seems so far is has worked out. I mean I think its practically a miracle that other offer wasnt accepted. Maybe this is really meant to be our home. I so badly want to share pictures but I know this house isnt sold until we get the keys at closing so Ill just share the picture of the front of the house. I cant wait to take before and after pictures- its going to be alot of fun. And alot of work- dont get me wrong. But we will get to make it ours. This is just such a relief. Well....almost. Ill let you know in 30-45 days :)

No comments: