Monday, March 26, 2012

Mr. Frog

Last Thursday (after one of the hardest weeks EVER with Hannah) we got a note in her cubby that said she was the STAR student of the week and gets to take home Mr. Frog for having such great behavior! I know my child is sweet and kind and loving and really is a good girl but sometimes just not for us. I guess thats how it works! Anyways- I was very proud of her!! So Friday we got to take him home. Hannah was very proud to have Mr. Frog ride home in the car with her. They told us to make sure we take pictures of Hannah's weekend with Mr. Frog and then on Monday he gets a bath! I thought the idea was so cute!
So Friday we took him and home and made sure he was upstairs so there would be no chance that Ruby would get him. Because that afternoon- while we were all sitting on the deck, Ruby got Hannah's little black jacket that I loved AND her yellow bunny for a second time. This time- his surgery might have to be pretty intense. So that night we put Hannah to bed and worked on organizing my craft and we were taking boxes and things up and down the stairs. Well...I guess I moved the gate because there was no sign of Ruby downstairs. I RAN straight up stairs and there she was. On our bed- with Mr. Frog in between her paws. I wanted to just scream because I had no idea how I would explain this to the class...here it is the first week with Mr. Frog and he dies at the paws of our dog. So I quicky grabbed the frog and realize she had only had a chance to chew the eye. My mom at this point is laughing HYSTERICALLY because from her perspective- as a teacher she thinks its so funny. I mean, Im sure we arent the only family that has a dog that would do this. Ok...maybe we do! After looking a little closer we realize that Mr. Frog's eye can be re-attached with super glue and look almost like new. No explanation needed! I was relieved I would not have to tell her teacher or classmates what happened but we did laugh for a long time about this on Friday. That darn dog- she is so bad!!! Here are some pictures of Hannah and Mr. Frogs weekend together.

Enjoying a little snack during the UK game!

Mr. Frog's trip to target!

Excited to take him home!

No comments: