Monday, March 12, 2012

My graceful gymnast

We had a very nice weekend! Friday was my half day which is ALWAYS wonderful! I dont know what I would do if I had to work every Friday until 5. I am very lucky to get every other Friday off at noon. Its just a nice little perk to look forward to. So this Friday I went and bought a little housewarming present to ourselves- ha ha! I bought a Kuerig- which is amazing by the way! Its so fast and easy- whoever invented it must have been a woman with kids! I also got some serious organizing done in our bedroom and closet. That night my little brother came in town for the week (we are so happy to have him home for a week!) and we ordered pizza and worked on a few projects- there is always something to be done!! Saturday Hannah and I went to her first Gymboree play and music class. She had a great time and really enjoyed running around on all the fun things they had there. We plan on hitting the Open Gym a couple times just to get the energy out :) That afternoon we came home and attempted our first nap in the crib in months. Probably like 4 months. Yes seriously- that long. I know- dont judge- but when we were at my parents house it was just easier to let her lay in our bed or she would even nap with Gramps. But since we have been in our house we have decided we would really try and stick to a better schedule since new baby will be here in 8 weeks- HOLY COW. So we knew she was SOOOO tired but sometimes that doesnt stop the crying. Jeremy took her upstairs and she was mad. Poor girl threw everything out of her crib- paci, bunny, blankets and just cried and cried. Then we heard a loud sound and I for sure thought she climbed out. No, it was just her shaking her crib. Ha ha! Then it got very quiet and she crashed. That girl slept for 2.5 hours. I got alot done! We know that girl loves her bed but it just takes her a minute to realize :) Sunday we had a birthday party for a little girl in her class. We've been to lots of birthday parties for her friends but not a daycare friend. Hannah and Victoria are BEST friends at school. The teachers tell me they even fight like sisters. Ha ha! It was held at KGA which is a gymnastics studio and Hannah LOVED it! She loved the trampoline, the balance beams, and all the other fun things. She could have played for hours. My hubby is the best because he came with even though it was right during the middle of the UK game. But I think it was worth it to see our graceful little gymnast. Lets just say she might be better off in something like soccer or tball. Ha ha! Jeremy got a funny video of her walking on the balance beam- or should I say falling off of it! I'm going to try and upload it but I never have luck with videos.I hope this works!!







She is eyeing that cake!





She dove in! Can you tell we never give her sweets! Ha ha!


We also took the potty out of the box and let Hannah "try" it. Let me just say I think she really just enjoyed having her diaper off. She kept saying potty and would sit down and to be honest she seemed VERY serious about it. Like she really looked serious like she was going actually go but then she'd just get up and run around. I think she just liked baring it all. We'll keep trying but we are in no rush. Although only having one in diapers would be great!






Letting baby try the potty!


I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We just filled ours with projects and quality family time. We are absolutely loving our new house and so badly want it to be ready to start having friends over. Its just a few weeks away from that! Even Ruby is getting used to it. She hasnt barked through the night since we've been there. You have no idea what a FULL night sleep means to us these days!

No comments: