Monday, March 19, 2012

What a {productive} weekend!

We had a great weekend and really got alot done. All the credit goes to my amazing husband and mother who literally worked ALL day every day trying to get this house in order! I just cant thank my mom enough because she really sacrifices her whole weekend to help us. Without them working so hard we would be much farther behind. Its amazing how many projects are still left to do. Maybe we took on too much but it just had to be done! My goal is to get it all done now because once May gets here we have other things going on, to say the least! I feel very helpless because Im not very handy. Well, not handy at all. After Hannah went to sleep Saturday night I was going to help my mom paint the master bath and with my first roll I got paint on the floor and all over my hands. I was fired from the job! My mom calls me the supervisor...I just know where I want things and how I want them to look!
So lets see, Friday we took the night off and had dinner at my grandparents house with the whole fam. Alex was going back to school this weekend so I needed to get in so quality time with him :) Saturday Hannah and I went to her gym class and she crashed shortly after. I know most people think Im crazy when I act so surprised and beyond excited that Hannah is now napping again in her crib but we went through 4 really hard months of having to lay with her for every nap or sometimes no naps. So getting Hannah done very easily is just a dream again. I know that girl has always loved her sleep and sometimes she will even tell you she likes her bed :) She is sleeping for about 2.5 hours during her naps- my little sleeper! (Does this mean we are going to pay for it this time around??) Sunday when I went in to check on her at 3:00 she was just laying in her bed rubbing her bunny's ears. I peeked over the crib and she just gave me the biggest smile. She wakes up very sweet and happy!
Saturday Jeremy started priming the fireplace...I went back and forth on painting it. My fear was that you cant un-paint brick and how would it look, etc. But we decided to go for it because the red brick was just too much for that room. Im very happy we did because its looking really good! My mom and I worked on decorating some things. Something I havent even thought of until this weekend. We've been so focused on getting projects done that decorating was last on my list! My mom, the saint that she is, was ready to paint the master bath. She did the entire thing Saturday night and talk about a makeover! I cant wait for before and after pictures of that room.

Hannah loved helping- which usually meant tossing her cheese its into the paint!

I really need to do a better job of taking more pictures of the before's & afters- we get going & I forget. We might just have a bunch of after pics!

I was able to get out of the house to run and get a pedicure that night- my feet were in desperate need! I rarely get pedicures but they were rough! And considering its now going to be in the 70's I needed to get my feet ready for sandals! It was a really nice and relaxing treat!
Sunday we worked on so many more projects and got some more decorations up. Jeremy worked really hard to finish more of the fireplace and seed the yard. Our yard is in rough shape but I know Jeremy can turn it around. Its just finding the time!!
Ok- so enough of our weekend. We head into another week which I hope is full of more accomplished projects and we get to see our little man in an ultrasound on Wednesday! I cant wait to see how he is doing! I was in some serious pain this weekend. It started Friday with alot of sciatic nerve pain. I had that with Hannah but do not remember it being this bad. I could barely move. That night I really thought I was going to end up in the ER because I was in so much pain and so uncomfortable I felt like this baby was coming way too early! Saturday the pain was just torture really, I could barely walk or get up without cringing. Everything I read said to lay on the opposite side of the pain- thats pretty much impossible with a 2 year old running around. But by Sunday morning I felt so much better. The only thing I can think is that maybe he was turning this weekend and thats why I was in the pain I was in. We'll see on Wednesday!!

I hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments: