Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend wrap-up!

This weekend was VERY productive. Even though I walk into the house and I get very overwhelmed in all the work that remains. By looking at it you might not think we are moving in in 2 weeks! Friday I took the day off so my mom and I could do some serious clean up. We had a dumpster delivered- yes we are those people with a big HUGE yellow dumpster right in front of our house but we needed it. There was no other way to dispose of all of our renovation debri. Sad thing is, it is almost filled to the top with all of the carpet and flooring we ripped out. My mom and I got alot cleaned up and alot of little projects done. Friday night we got to visit some of our best friends in the hospital who just had their precious little boy! Courtney and Blake had Pierce on Thursday night and he is just too sweet! He looks JUST like Blake!!! It was so fun to hold a brand new baby again...I cant wait for that!
Saturday we took Hannah to music class and attempted to put her down for a nap. She is starting to lose her desire to nap on the weekends but then by 3:00 she is just a tired little bear who should have taken a nap :) But 3:00 is too late for her to nap or she wont go to bed at a decent time. So we have tossed around the idea of forgoing her nap but when 3:00 rolls around we are reminded that she does still need to nap :) Saturday afternoon my brother and his fiance Laura picked Hannah up for a play date so we could get some things done at the house. I think Hannah had alot of fun and they did too! They were even brave enough to take her to Trader Joe's. And of course she was good! Lindsay and Matt came in town that night so when they brought Hannah back we all had a nice fun dinner together. On a side note: I found dessert a recipe on Pinterest that sounded so amazing so I made that for Saturday night and it did not disappoint. OMG, I could have eaten the entire pan. Its called an Chocolate Oreo Poke Cake. Anything with pudding and cake just sounds amazing!
I reccomend trying this for any special occasion or just an average week night. You'll LOVE it! And its so easy. Im all about easy!
Ingredients:
Box of Chocolate Cake (and the ingredients to make the cake)
2 boxes of Oreo Instant Pudding & milk to make the pudding
Directions:
Make the cake and bake it according to the directions on the box.
As the cake is almost done baking- prepare 2 boxes of pudding. You will use 4 cups of milk. Beat until it thickens but is not extremely thick. About 2 minutes.
When the cake is finished, take it out of the oven and poke holes about an inch apart with a straw or handle of a utensil.
Pour the pudding all over the top of the cake. Let it sit for a couple minutes to cool, then refrigerate.
You can even sprinkle crushed oreos on top. I didnt have any but it would be really good too!
OMG! I hope you love this as much as I do. It was AMAZING!

Then on Sunday we all had a nice breakfast out and Jeremy and I were able to work on the house a little more. Just so many odds and ends projects we need to finish. All the little things are adding up! The hardwood is FINISHED and looks SO amazing. Jeremy just needs to put the quarter round up and then they will really be done. Today the painters start on the kitchen cabinets...Im so glad they are doing those. It looks like alot of work! Hoping to have appliances delivered on Friday and then it will really start looking like a kitchen. My mom painted the vanity in our master bathroom and it turned out beautiful! Looks brand new. Im not so sure how these people were so hard on all their vanities. We are painting all of them except the basement. Overall, its looking more like OUR house and I LOVE IT! I cannot wait to start moving our stuff in. We still have to paint the kids rooms and do something with the kids bathroom but that bathroom isnt an urgent project. But it would be nice to have it done before we move in. We are just running out of time! Here are a few random pictures of the house mid-renovation. Its coming together!!

Ready for paint!!

Master bath vanity. We painted it a dark expresso. We still need to change the lighting, put in the new floor, & paint.

I can't wait to decorate around the tub. I've seen so many awesome pinterest ideas & can't wait to try!

This is our closet!! I get more excited every time I walk in there. There is so much shelving & storage. I still have no idea where Jeremy will put all his stuff :)

No comments: